right view pro vs motion pro

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 17, 2009
looking at possibly getting rvp or motion pro. has anyone used one or the other. any thoughts. 2nd question, i see you can you can buy some of the rvp instruction cd's as a stand alone. does anyone know if some of the clips in the rvp instruction cd be used in the motion pro. the motion pro is so much cheaper than the rvp. was looking at maybe buying the rvp drills and using the motion pro software to save money.

Sep 29, 2010
I have never used motionpro. I strictly use RVP and I have to say, I find it 100% worth the money. While most of the instructional content is stand alone, alot of drill demonstrations, etc, only work in the analysis software so you would be missing out on a lot of content.

To me...RVP (along with all 4 softball and baseball instructional DVD's), TCB balls and a portable pitching screen are the three most important items I have bought in the last 3 years for teaching my son and daughter hitting.

Oct 25, 2009
I downloaded the demo version of MotionPro for Mac this past weekend. Messed with it a little but you can only open it 6 times in the demo version before it expires so I'm trying to learn a little more before I waste the last four freebies. They need to make it more than 6 attempts if people are as slow as I am. I'm trying it on a new Mac Book Pro so there should be no excuses except operator issues.

I've pulled in .avi and .mov files. It was a little flaky with some of the features but that may have been me. We'll see.

Dec 24, 2009
While not as sophisticated as RVP there are two aps for the Ipad 2 that can be very useful. First one is videocoach. Cost is $4.99. Captures video in HD quality. Allows you to mark lines on video for analysis. I am not sure of the FPS but it is around 40. You are abe to go frame by frame. You are also able to upload to youtube and email video. The portablity allows you to use this at games. You can actually video an at bat and then send the clip to a second video in the dugout to view.
The second ap is swingreader at $0.99. This has a little longer time from capturing video to seein video clip as you pick the starting point and endeing point of the video and then it is renderred. Swing reader shows the clip in slow motion. You are able to slow it down to a desired speed. You are not able to do frame by frame.
Again both are good aps allowing portability and instant turn around time. However not as good as RVP but has its good qualities.

Jul 26, 2010
While not as sophisticated as RVP there are two aps for the Ipad 2 that can be very useful. First one is videocoach. Cost is $4.99. Captures video in HD quality. Allows you to mark lines on video for analysis. I am not sure of the FPS but it is around 40. You are abe to go frame by frame. You are also able to upload to youtube and email video. The portablity allows you to use this at games. You can actually video an at bat and then send the clip to a second video in the dugout to view.
The second ap is swingreader at $0.99. This has a little longer time from capturing video to seein video clip as you pick the starting point and endeing point of the video and then it is renderred. Swing reader shows the clip in slow motion. You are able to slow it down to a desired speed. You are not able to do frame by frame.
Again both are good aps allowing portability and instant turn around time. However not as good as RVP but has its good qualities.

If you're an ASA member you can get PowerChalk's 10 second telestrator for free for ipad/iphone/pc/mac. It allows you to capture video or use existing video, choose from 6 frame rates and draw lines/boxes/dots/ect and record voiceover and save it online.

Problem is the camera on the ipad is stuck at 30-40fps and isn't really ideal for capturing the motion of a swing. You're better off attaching a casio zr100 to do the video capture before editing.

Not really sure this was what the OP was looking for though.

-W

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00