Quality difference between USSSA 16U and USA 16U teams/tournaments in Philly/South Jersey region

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 2, 2022
Hello there - my daughter is switching from a team that plays primarily in USSSA tournaments to one that has played - historically - in USA tournaments. Can anybody give me a sense of the potential difference in quality in playing USA versus USSSA in the PA/NJ/DE region?

Thanks!

May 27, 2013
Hello there - my daughter is switching from a team that plays primarily in USSSA tournaments to one that has played - historically - in USA tournaments. Can anybody give me a sense of the potential difference in quality in playing USA versus USSSA in the PA/NJ/DE region?

Thanks!
When DD switched to an 18U team that played showcases and USA National and Eastern Region qualifiers, it was decent competition. Mostly the regional teams from the PA area that I would consider “A” level competition. These same teams typically did not do any UTrip tournaments. However, this was also when she was 15, so almost 6 years ago. Not sure if competition level is the same. Also, they were long days. Pool play with DE bracket.

Feb 24, 2022
Most higher level 16u teams will primarily be playing showcases, with a USSSA or USA sprinkled in. So, you def aren't going to run into a gauntlet of top teams week after week. In my experience, in the Tri-State area, USSSA has a consistently higher level of competition. Def not all of the time, but it's much easier to see who is registered, look at the team history, and get an idea of the level if competition.

That said, we played in the USA Nationals in VA last year and I thought the competition was very good.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414