PSA: 2024 Wilson 1975 more small hand friendly

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 12, 2020
I know people advocate for the Wilson 1975 as a softball-friendly version of the 1787 with its deeper pocket. I wanted my DD to like it but the finger stalls were too big for her baby hands. We were just at DSG a few days ago. They had the 2023 and 2024 1975. She said the 2024 felt good on her hand. I compared the two and she isn't lying. The 2024 is definitely more snug. I'm not sure if this is an anomaly, but I thought I'd feed this into the search function for those with a DD who plays ss/3b

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I know people advocate for the Wilson 1975 as a softball-friendly version of the 1787 with its deeper pocket. I wanted my DD to like it but the finger stalls were too big for her baby hands. We were just at DSG a few days ago. They had the 2023 and 2024 1975. She said the 2024 felt good on her hand. I compared the two and she isn't lying. The 2024 is definitely more snug. I'm not sure if this is an anomaly, but I thought I'd feed this into the search function for those with a DD who plays ss/3b
I find this very common across all glove manufacturers....hand stall sizes changing from year to year.

I have medium sized, thick hands. Back in the day I just had to have a Pro1000 and RV23, they were made from Jtan back then, the Pro1000 fit me okay but the RV23....I could get both of my hands, and probably both of your hands inside of it at the same time, massive hand stall, but the RV was known to have a large hand stall.

Years go by, Morton's starts ordering them with Horween leather and the hand stalls kept getting smaller and smaller. I also think the hand and finger stall sizes are dependent on the day to day manufacturing processes.

Couple years back when I was at the Myrtle Beach Rawlings outlet, there was 10/12 of those 12" Pro206's that several of the guys here bought, it was interesting to try everyone of them on and divide them into two different stacks, one stack had a small hand stall and the other stack was larger. It would be nice to have 10 different gloves available to try on of a particular model you're wanting to buy!

Oct 12, 2020
I find this very common across all glove manufacturers....hand stall sizes changing from year to year.

I have medium sized, thick hands. Back in the day I just had to have a Pro1000 and RV23, they were made from Jtan back then, the Pro1000 fit me okay but the RV23....I could get both of my hands, and probably both of your hands inside of it at the same time, massive hand stall, but the RV was known to have a large hand stall.

Years go by, Morton's starts ordering them with Horween leather and the hand stalls kept getting smaller and smaller. I also think the hand and finger stall sizes are dependent on the day to day manufacturing processes.

Couple years back when I was at the Myrtle Beach Rawlings outlet, there was 10/12 of those 12" Pro206's that several of the guys here bought, it was interesting to try everyone of them on and divide them into two different stacks, one stack had a small hand stall and the other stack was larger. It would be nice to have 10 different gloves available to try on of a particular model you're wanting to buy!
Yup. That reminds me of the world of acoustic guitars. If a person is buying from a major builder like Martin and has their druthers, they go to a shop with several examples because not every D18 is going to sound or play the same...even if finished the same week in Nazareth, PA.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T Town travel coach