Pitcher/Catcher Pickup for ESPN World Series Orlando, FL July 2015

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 10, 2015
Gameface 16B Tryouts - SW MO

Gameface 16B will be hosting tryouts at the Strafford Sports Complex in Strafford, MO on August 1, 2015 from 12pm-2pm. All positions are available for tryouts. For more information contact Coach Kayla at 417.988.1500 or kayla.mahannah@gmail.com or Gameface Softball (Play for Us).

Thanks!

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2015
"Pick Up Players"

So you are going to the World Series and you don't have a pitcher or catcher?....Am I missing something?

Thank You for your concern, however, we do have a pitcher and catcher going to World Series with us. We are looking to pick up an ADDITIONAL pitcher and catcher due to the amount of games being played. Thank You.

Jun 10, 2015
Sarcastic responses are not a help to anyone - if you feel the need to be that way please waste someone else's time!! I have a full 9 player roster going to world series (obviously, we qualified as a team) however, i am searching to pick up additional players to join us due to the amount of games being played. If there are any additional questions please contact me. Thank you.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Lighten up, Francis. :rolleyes:

Although you may not care for the tone of Acroyear's response, the point is valid. Websites that assault me with music tend to turn me off.

Good luck in your player search. Sincerely.

Oct 2, 2012
on the Field
I find these posts hilarious because have you ever seen one looking for a weak 3rd pitcher.

Something like: ASA National bound team looking for that 3rd pitcher to hold down the bench and cheer the others on with excitement. She must have good dugout manners and support the other players while she stays cool in the shade. She needs to be athletic so just in case our #1 pitcher gets hot, we can sub her in to run the bases. A good attitude is a must!

Sorry, post just struck me as funny. CARRY ON and good luck with the search.

Sep 29, 2014
My apologies. Sometimes thing just don't comes across as funny in writing as they sound. Even if you did not need a pitcher or catcher I would hope you would pick up an extra player or two, I would hate to travel all that way from MO and have a girl get hurt in the first game or get sick and you guys end up not being able to play. Actually had that happen to us once at PONY Nationals game two a sprained ankle followed next play by a dislocated finger we were glad we had a couple extra girls.

Good Luck both finding a player and at the tournament :eek:

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I find these posts hilarious because have you ever seen one looking for a weak 3rd pitcher.

Something like: ASA National bound team looking for that 3rd pitcher to hold down the bench and cheer the others on with excitement. She must have good dugout manners and support the other players while she stays cool in the shade. She needs to be athletic so just in case our #1 pitcher gets hot, we can sub her in to run the bases. A good attitude is a must!

Sorry, post just struck me as funny. CARRY ON and good luck with the search.

Kind of reminds me of all of the TB tryout posts in August...."We are an A-level team and plan to attend ASA/PGF Nationals and attend several college showcases. Open tryouts next week, we are looking for a pitcher, catcher, SS, 3B and CF...."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl