on TV, now

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I was hoping for a different camera angle now and then, but it was not to come. It looked like Ellen Renfroe just takes a long step, no big leap and drag. But the camera was always from behind and never a side angle.

Dec 28, 2008
And now for the rest of the story ...

I follow Auburn on Facebook. Not an Auburn fan at all. Never have been. I live 45 minutes from Athens, GA and my daughter and son-in-law both attended UGA. My boss is a huge Auburn fan and wheres blue and orange constantly, so the combination is enough reason for me to detest the Tigers any chance I can. But this year their early posts really caught my attention. They were preparing mentally months ago to deal with the situation that I watched in the game last night. They had a different mental approach to their practices, drills and even the weather than I read from other teams. One night they shared the word "Wintality" with the world to describe their approach. Gotta say I'm all about new words that you can make up any definition for. I posted a blog to define the word and used Taryne Mowatt as an example of a player who appears to be winning no matter what the situation. As they lost the heart breaker in the bottom of the 10'th last night their pitcher and their entire team walked off the field and their heads where high and if you didn't know who had won/lost you would have never guessed it was them that had lost. Anyway, that Wintality that they ended with last night enabled them to come back today and utterly destroy Tennessee today 9-1.

Not that I would root for Auburn in a head to head match with the Bulldogs, or the Arizona Wildcat's whom I really love, but I gotta say I love the mental approach they are focusing on this season. The way they handled the loss, and responded to it today almost made me cheer for them. I caught myself though before I did, but certainly a team that young players could learn from.

Oct 19, 2009
At the tournament this weekend after a game we run to get a bite to eat in the parking one team had an RV with a big screen TV and was watching the game. :cool:

Don't know if it's still there, but Auburn did have a number of their drills and workouts on YouTube.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd