New Section for Announcements

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

FastpitchFan

Softball fan
Feb 28, 2008
Montreal, Canada
As requested by several members over the past year, I added a specific section for advertising and announcing your tournaments, clinics, camps, tryouts, etc.

This is the section to post them.

Cheers,

Marc

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
As requested by several members over the past year, I added a specific section for advertising and announcing your tournaments, clinics, camps, tryouts, etc.

This is the section to post them.

Cheers,

Marc

This site is one of my favorite sites and one of the main reasons is that I do not have to wade through the tons of crap posts that these sections bring.

Is there away in prefs that I can set to ignore these posts?

May 7, 2008
Hudson, NH
pridefpsb17,

Since Marc has set up a separate forum for these kinds of things unless you go into that forum you will not have to deal with them.

Are you afraid these posts will end up in other forums where they are not allowed?

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
pridefpsb17,

Since Marc has set up a separate forum for these kinds of things unless you go into that forum you will not have to deal with them.

Are you afraid these posts will end up in other forums where they are not allowed?

Partly. I almost always use view new posts and I know from using other sites that this also brings up all those tryout posts, etc.

I understand that these post do provide a service to some. Just wish there was a way to not have to view them when you don't want to.:)

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
I'm with pride on this one.

If I want good knowledgeable conversation about specifics I come to this site.

If I want to wade through tens of tryout ads to get a little bit of conversation/information I have other sites that I can go to.

I, too "view new posts" every time I come here and don't want to see advertisements of any kind on this site.

May 13, 2008
Mark, there is a way to set up the forum to allow users to ignore the parts of the forum they select. They do this on OFC which uses vBulletin too.

May 7, 2008
Hudson, NH
Marc,

I notice you are running Vbuletin Version 3.8.2

The other site referenced is using 3.8.4 which has another option in the User Interface in the "Options" menu. It allows you to select any forum you want to exclude from viewing, including in the "new Posts" selection.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid