New bat and left handed grip

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 11, 2013
I'm looking for a new bat for DD 14 years old . Has been using a CF6 DROP 11 (32 Inch) since she is 12. really looking to go 33 drop 10 and looking for advice. She is around 5'3" and very solid. Has HR power to all fields but is generally is more of a gap hitter.

She actually tried a teammates 34-24 (some version of dimarini) the last 3 games this weekend and. She hit it very hard every time up, but said it felt a little heavy. I have no desire to go to 34" but it makes me think the extra 2 ounces to 23 won't be a huge issue.

Also she tried another lefty teammates bat who had a lefty grip on the bat? Is this something you can order or is it really just re-taping the handle?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Apr 17, 2012
Wi
biggest hits I saw this weekend were from miken freak blacks and a really old rocketech that the entire team just handed to one another.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
biggest hits I saw this weekend were from miken freak blacks and a really old rocketech that the entire team just handed to one another.

I would have included the MFB to my list of recommendations, but they are getting really hard to find.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
I'm looking for a new bat for DD 14 years old . Has been using a CF6 DROP 11 (32 Inch) since she is 12. really looking to go 33 drop 10 and looking for advice. She is around 5'3" and very solid. Has HR power to all fields but is generally is more of a gap hitter.

She actually tried a teammates 34-24 (some version of dimarini) the last 3 games this weekend and. She hit it very hard every time up, but said it felt a little heavy. I have no desire to go to 34" but it makes me think the extra 2 ounces to 23 won't be a huge issue.

Also she tried another lefty teammates bat who had a lefty grip on the bat? Is this something you can order or is it really just re-taping the handle?

Actually if it had a "lefty" grip it was probably a CF8 Slapper. The wrap on the grip is reversed. My DD says it actually feels better and the grip has not separated like most of hers do after a lot of use.

Jun 11, 2013
Actually if it had a "lefty" grip it was probably a CF8 Slapper. The wrap on the grip is reversed. My DD says it actually feels better and the grip has not separated like most of hers do after a lot of use.

That makes sense as the kid is trying to be a slapper. It was just funny because DD said it felt nice and after thinking about it does make a little sense that tape should go the other way on it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles