New 8u dad

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 13, 2024
Hi all, new 8u dad, daughter is playing in a rec league feeder program for a larger travel organization in our area, summer league was her first organized season, we’re into fall season now, excited to be here and learn, I’m currently assistant coach after our head coaching changed after summer, we’re really into fielding and decision making for the girls, because they all seem to have a harder time with that than batting, and that work was non existent during summer league. I look forward to picking up tips, my main focus is fostering a love of the game, as well as teaching solid core fundamentals, all while having fun, I firmly believe girls this age have to “feel good to play good” and love my roll as Hype man to all these wonderful kids!

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Lots of reps at this age. Work on things at practice that you saw during the games that need improvement. Focus on your bottom 1/3, they will improve the most.

Aug 13, 2024
Lots of reps at this age. Work on things at practice that you saw during the games that need improvement. Focus on your bottom 1/3, they will improve the most.
Thanks, that what were striving to do! our league unfortunately keeps putting advertisements out for fall ball, and our team has swelled to 16, until they can find another coach to start a 3rd team, its bothers me as it makes it hard to give the girls meaningful reps.

Jun 18, 2023
Thanks, that what were striving to do! our league unfortunately keeps putting advertisements out for fall ball, and our team has swelled to 16, until they can find another coach to start a 3rd team, its bothers me as it makes it hard to give the girls meaningful reps.

I dunno how serious things are, but 16 for fall could be perfect if the kids are also playing soccer, cheer, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogoff1968