Might have to cancell practice!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 31, 2011
Jawja
Big 3 day tourney here got rained out this weekend so we were bummed and have cabin fever! Supposed to be sunny and 70 this Saturday though!! Whooo hoooo!!

Aug 13, 2012
Went by the fields yesterday, looked like a pitching rubber floating in a lake!!! This was before the snow came!! And its still coming down!! Looks like indoor practice this week, there is no way we will be able to get on the fields for a week. Another great Kentucky spring!!

Nov 23, 2010
North Carolina
Had a tournament this weekend that was originally scheduled for two day double elimination, but was changed to 1 day single due to heavy rain forecast for Sun. On the way to the tournament, it rained the whole way, until I got about two miles from the fields and then it stopped. It was a little chilly in the morning (41 degrees), the afternoon pleasant (52 degrees) and Sat night chilly again. But hey, I'll take it, especially after reading all the other post about the cold and the snow. We actually got to play 6 games and alll my tensions seem to have dissipated.

In two weeks we travel to the great state of GA for a tournament and the long range forecast is for the low 70s all three days. I sure hope this forecast holds up.

Apr 1, 2010
They did have to cancel DD's practice on Sunday. The roads weren't impassable and they could have used one of the gyms at a local HS, but the HS parking lots hadn't been cleared yet, so there was no way for everyone to get from the road all the way around to the back of the building where the gyms are. Go away, snow!

Argh! And now tonight's practice is cancelled too. Club volleyball has the gym rented.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2012
We got cancelled 3 weekends in a row. Played one day....35 and cold. Girls did not complain a bit. They were happy to play.

Mar 8, 2012
Yea. I'm done with this. Team had to cancel our first outdoor practice due to 3 inches of snow on the ground in the morning.

Jan 17, 2013
Texas
You know that there are 1500 people a day moving to Texas. Now I know why, they are tired of waiting for the snow to thaw so they can play softball!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl