Metal bat de bate on Fox News Sunday morning.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Lots of schools around here are closed today because of the cold. It's not even the temp they are focused on its the wind chill. Which is a bs metric anyway. But -15 keeps some schools off.

I would assume "cold" by definition is different in Michigan than in Tennessee. lol

It's not considered hot until the heat index is above 110, but if the wind chill is below 30 degrees.........people here think it's an ice age. Here is the thing, folks are saying it's too cold if temps are in the teens for kids to stand at a bus stop for 5mins, or walk to school if they live less than half a mile from the campus. ( can't ride a bus if you live that close ) BUT if it snows and temps are in the teens, every kid in the city is out playing in it for hours at a time. I just don't get the school board's thought process.

** Snow heavy enough to cover roads/yards are a pretty rare event.

Dec 7, 2011
I still feel that tweaking the COR and compression of the ball makes much more sense than mucking around with the bats.

This is the only salient topic => the ball. If you define a max the ball itself can exit-speed then all else will not matter. Period. End of debate. Then we can define a durable bat material (probably back to metal) that will last much longer than one friggin season.

But as usual we Americans let the marketeers and the spin-masters run our lives......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom