Memorial Weekend

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
I hope everyone had a great weekend of softball. We played 8 games and came out of this tournament feeling great about TB. I hope everyone else feels the same!

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Saturday was a bit of a waste (played terribly in our first game and beat up on two teams out of their depth afterwards)

Sunday was outstanding. Got a second chance against the same team we got beat by Saturday and ended up in a classic 3-extra inning game that we came out on the wrong end of on a close play. Sort of game you talk about for a couple of years at least.

Apr 1, 2010
DD got what seemed to be a mild concussion on Saturday afternoon and spent the rest of the day and Sunday with a bad headache and batting only. DD's team was 4-2 (and were in the two losses/could have been 6-0 if some breaks had gone their way) and had won their pool. Brackets looked really good for them to make the championships. She was feeling good again on Monday and was ready to get back behind the dish for bracket play, but unfortunately a thunderstorm rolled in and the tournament was cancelled. So I think her team officially finishes third. Bummer. I think we've had more tournaments cancelled this spring than we've had actually run to completion. :-(

May 24, 2013
So Cal
DD's All-Star team lost 3-0 in the semi-finals to a team they beat 7-0 in pool play on Saturday. Her team's bats went completely cold.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
Jumped right into a Tournament after HS ball, no practice together and came out 3-3, 2 of the losses were 1 run games. I can say, our pitchers were spent, they need to get back into Tournament shape after pitching in HS. On a personal note, my DD has always been a weaker hitter, this weekend she hit the fence 3 times and missed a HR by literally 6". Overall she went something like 8-11 with 4 Doubles. Yup a Proud Dad brag post haha

Sep 3, 2009
My dd's team was on roll this weekend, wish it could have lasted. Got first in pool, and had the late bracket game on Monday. But Mother Nature had other plans. They postponed all games 2 hours and cut game times to 60 min; but it still wasn't enough. Then wound up cancelling the tournament when the rain just kept coming.

Oct 10, 2011
DD got what seemed to be a mild concussion on Saturday afternoon and spent the rest of the day and Sunday with a bad headache and batting only. DD's team was 4-2 (and were in the two losses/could have been 6-0 if some breaks had gone their way) and had won their pool. Brackets looked really good for them to make the championships. She was feeling good again on Monday and was ready to get back behind the dish for bracket play, but unfortunately a thunderstorm rolled in and the tournament was cancelled. So I think her team officially finishes third. Bummer. I think we've had more tournaments cancelled this spring than we've had actually run to completion. :-(

I'm glad she's feeling better! We had no rain but I got a nasty wind burn, and everyone keeps bringing up how red my face is:)

Oct 10, 2011
Jumped right into a Tournament after HS ball, no practice together and came out 3-3, 2 of the losses were 1 run games. I can say, our pitchers were spent, they need to get back into Tournament shape after pitching in HS. On a personal note, my DD has always been a weaker hitter, this weekend she hit the fence 3 times and missed a HR by literally 6". Overall she went something like 8-11 with 4 Doubles. Yup a Proud Dad brag post haha

I actually like brag posts:) Parents should be proud!

Apr 1, 2010
I'm glad she's feeling better! We had no rain but I got a nasty wind burn, and everyone keeps bringing up how red my face is:)

I've sported the wind burn look many times myself, LOL! I really hate it when my lips get all chapped from the wind. Her pitcher came up Sunday and apologized. The batter was behind in the count and the pitch was supposed to be off the plate, but it came in too sweet and got fouled into DD's head. She felt bad, but gosh, that's something that could happen anytime.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
DD's team competed this weekend. They played in a local tournament against 32 other teams at their level. 5 games of pool play on Saturday and Sunday placed teams in either the Gold or Silver bracket for Monday. DD's team earned the last spot in the Gold bracket. Monday morning brought them against the #1 team in the tournament who they beat by 1 run in 7 innings. By the second game they were in the top 8 in the tournament, they lost the game by 3 runs (less than any other team to that point in the tournament).

DD has been a little bit concerned to this point. For the last 3 years she has played for well known organization who are known, and feared at the fields as far south as Huntington Beach. This, her last season before college she decided to play for a start up team and she wasn't convinced of the overall skill level before this weekend. The teams success against "rated" teams was a major boost to their confidence and I can't wait to see how far they can go :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl