Maybe we're in the wrong sport

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
My boss is driving his kid up to Minnesota from HTX today to drop him off to his Host family to play in their youth hockey program. I think that's their version of very minor league hockey.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
I would think something like this was already being tossed around for softball. The success of the Nebraska event will increase the urgency to make it happen.
Get the national TV coverage and people will show up.
Florida v. Florida State at Doak Campbell or the Swamp...
Alabama v. LSU at Tiger Stadium or Bryant Denny...
Texas v. Oklahoma at Jerry World...

Nov 18, 2015
I would think a Jordy Bahl vs. OU matchup could fill OU's stadium, but that's only a seating capacity of 86,000. Not sure there's enough room for that many on-field seats like there could be for a volleyball match.

Jul 28, 2019
Tiger Stadium (LSU) can hold 102K+ according to Wiki (I know). LSU vs. Oklahoma or whomever? How about Bristol Speedway in TN, which can allegedly hold 156K+? Tennessee vs. Georgia/Bama/LSU/Oklahoma/Florida? The possibilities for softball are pretty exciting.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
I would think a Jordy Bahl vs. OU matchup could fill OU's stadium, but that's only a seating capacity of 86,000. Not sure there's enough room for that many on-field seats like there could be for a volleyball match.
I'm sure that would be a big draw, but a seating capacity of 'only' 86,000 makes me wonder: How many of the Nebraska volleyball fans were only there for the gimmick of being part of a "world record"?

Would 40,000 showing up in a stadium of 86,000 capacity for Jordybahl be perceived as a triumph for the "largest crowd ever for a softball game", or a failure because the stadium was half-empty?

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
The problem is the stadium isn't designed for softball. Unless the field is turf, it would be hard to get a softball field on a grass surface.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles