Kenzie Fowler announcement

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
University of Arizona Softball
Kenzie Fowler will have Microscopic Lumbar Discectomy surgery to fix a herniated disc in her back. Fowler has been dealing with back pain and numbness in her leg and foot since sustaining the injury in January and after extensive rehab provided only temporary relief, doctors decided to perform surgery. The surgery will take place on Oct. 4 in Los Angeles. Fowler is expected to make a full recovery in time for the 2013 season.

Aug 23, 2010
Florida
I wish her the best. I am a huge U of A fan, and was really hoping after her freshman season that Arizona would be back on top. She just can't seem to catch a break. Concussion as a sophomore, the back issue as a Junior......She has really had some tough luck.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I would love to see her full strength. I did see her pitch her senior year in HS, but that has been awhile. I hope that she is able to come back strong. With her, AZ. should have 3 strong pitchers.

After the ball hit her in the head, in the dugout - the school put netting all the way up in front of the dugouts.

Apr 1, 2010
I would love to see her full strength. I did see her pitch her senior year in HS, but that has been awhile. I hope that she is able to come back strong. With her, AZ. should have 3 strong pitchers.

After the ball hit her in the head, in the dugout - the school put netting all the way up in front of the dugouts.

I know we've gone back and forth around here on whether there's too much protection or not, but putting up netting seems like such a simple thing to do!

I remember watching a Michigan game a few years ago where one of their big, strong batters was up and she absolutely drilled a foul ball into one of her own teammates in the dugout.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd