K Factor versus the Finch Windmill

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Hello, I am curious to hear from experienced parents/instructors of pitchers regarding which training apparatus is best for a young budding pitcher. Basically if you had to only purchase one of the training items which one would you choose and why? My DD is almost 11 YO and has been pitching for almost 3 years - She now plays travel ball. Thank you in advance for any helpful insights!

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Personally, I wouldn't strap that stuff on for the K Factor one, but I would walk up to the Finch Windmill and exercise my shoulders and arms. I want to use the Finch to strengthen both sides. Plus, it is easy to resale.

Mar 2, 2009
Suffolk, VA
10-11 year olds....... I'd have to agree, the Finch Windmill is no stress, and ini-fact supports the proper throwing mechanics. I'm not big on using weighted balls, weights, or tools that stress their joints. They are so young and without proper supervision, they may cause injury due to incorrect use. I do like repition, game like situational, usinig batters/blowup characters/garbage cans in the box to simluate a batter, and I like bands to let her feel leg drive, but other that, I don't think 10-11 year olds should be stressing developing muscles.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Assuming you are *required* to buy one or the other, I would go for the Finch Windmill.

If you were not required to buy either, your money would be better spent on pitching lessons, a new glove, or even ice cream and sprinkles.

Jun 6, 2009
Assuming you are *required* to buy one or the other, I would go for the Finch Windmill.

If you were not required to buy either, your money would be better spent on pitching lessons, a new glove, or even ice cream and sprinkles.

Can't argue with that.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
The students that I know that have one - and use it - are head and shoulders above the girls that don't use one. But, then, those girls with one are probably more dedicated anyway.

I let one slip away on Ebay and last week and am still looking for one.

It is moo, that everyone of any age needs shoulder exercises.

The Finch Windmill will not work if you do not have 5 minutes a day, to put into it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd