Just got aprroved for a new charter in my town, this is the 2nd charter that exists

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 28, 2013
in a town of 7,000 people. I live in South Arkansas, and our local YMCA charges $70.00 per child, and we are poor folk lol. Seriously though, a lot of people around here cant afford it. I applied for the charter and it got approved the very next day. It's Babe Ruth and most towns close to us are also Babe Ruth, and quite frankly our kids aren't ready for ASA yet, most of them haven't been coached. Usually a DD's dad will coach and only coach his kid, and maybe one or two more but that's about it. I have a 5 person Board and my officers already in place. If anybody can tell me the best way to get fundraising going and donations, I will be forever grateful. If anybody would like to donate to our new charter, I'm not begging or anything, but it doesn't matter if its .38 cents, or $1.00, would be phenomenal! Our league is Bradley County Babe Ruth Softball League. If you are interested in donating or know companies or anybody that would be interested email me at kevinlasiter77@gmail.com. I copy and pasted the approval email just to show that this is a legit post :)

To: kevinlasiter77
Date: May 28
Subj: Babe Ruth League - League Approved

Congratulations, your 2013 Charter is approved. Now that your league is approved for the 2013 season, you can expect to see an email from us very soon telling you that your rule books, scorebooks and other materials have been shipped to you. You will also be able to track your shipment via UPS WorldShip. In the meantime, you are welcome to go into your account and do the following:

My middle school program does a benefit breakfast once a year. A local civic-community group that helps groups like ours does the cooking. Many times local grocery vendors will donate food items or discount them. This year we did it on a saturday morning, presold tickets (many local businesses are happy to buy them and give to employees) at $ 6.00 each, less for kids, under 6 yo is free.
We were able to clear a little over $1300 for one morning's work. Now grant it that we started at 4 am and finished up at 11 am that was very productive.
Having the girls (and their parents) sell the tickets, wait tables, clean up, etc does a lot for getting the word out. If people SEE the kids, and interact with them it can have a huge impact.
Since we are a school team, most people think everything is paid for. Actually I get $600 per year (as a non revenue sport) which is only enough to pay umps for 4 home double headers. We put price tags on batting helmets, catcher's gear, bats, balls, and put those on the tables as "decorations." This sparked a lot of conversation!
We love this fundraiser because it is extremely profitable, and it is great for making the community aware of what we are doing. People may know a child (friend of the family, church, coworkers) and would never think of coming to a softball game suddenly relate the NEED to someone that they know.

Feb 28, 2013
My middle school program does a benefit breakfast once a year. A local civic-community group that helps groups like ours does the cooking. Many times local grocery vendors will donate food items or discount them. This year we did it on a saturday morning, presold tickets (many local businesses are happy to buy them and give to employees) at $ 6.00 each, less for kids, under 6 yo is free.
We were able to clear a little over $1300 for one morning's work. Now grant it that we started at 4 am and finished up at 11 am that was very productive.
Having the girls (and their parents) sell the tickets, wait tables, clean up, etc does a lot for getting the word out. If people SEE the kids, and interact with them it can have a huge impact.
Since we are a school team, most people think everything is paid for. Actually I get $600 per year (as a non revenue sport) which is only enough to pay umps for 4 home double headers. We put price tags on batting helmets, catcher's gear, bats, balls, and put those on the tables as "decorations." This sparked a lot of conversation!
We love this fundraiser because it is extremely profitable, and it is great for making the community aware of what we are doing. People may know a child (friend of the family, church, coworkers) and would never think of coming to a softball game suddenly relate the NEED to someone that they know.

That's awesome, I will definitely keep that in mind. Thanks for sharing. A big thing around here is pre-selling boston butts, one of the local grocery stores sells them at a discount, and actually cook them for you. The other grocery store, we only have two lol, but they sell them a little cheaper they just don't cook them for ya. Thanks again for the idea!!

Oct 28, 2012
Great news. I can't believe how far behind some areas of this state are in terms of fastpitch. I live in Wynne and we JUST NOW got our commission to let us play fastpitch this year. Its certainly been a tough season so far, but I hope it keeps going. You would think a town that has won a state championship in softball 2 of the last 4 years would have a decent fastpitch league.

Feb 28, 2013
Great news. I can't believe how far behind some areas of this state are in terms of fastpitch. I live in Wynne and we JUST NOW got our commission to let us play fastpitch this year. Its certainly been a tough season so far, but I hope it keeps going. You would think a town that has won a state championship in softball 2 of the last 4 years would have a decent fastpitch league.

Dang, that's wild, High School wins state tournaments but the youth just now got approved. In south Arkansas, most towns close to warren are on the pitching machine at 10U, so any girl that throws in the 40 mph range live arm, the hitters are so far behind its unreal, my league team finished 2nd in a 12U tournament with 9-10 year olds. My DD had to move back to 40' and the 12 year olds still couldn't hit her because they just started seeing live arm pitching, where we have been seeing it since they were 9. I'm trying to get all the close towns to us to switch to live arm at 9, and after seeing our 10U pitcher mow down all their 12U hitters, I think they are going to go live arm with the 10U next spring.

Dec 3, 2012
West Coast
You could sell yearly Banner space advertising local businesses on the outfield fence. If you are any where close to some larger companies then some of them have matching funds for volunteer work done by there employees.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad