Jill Costello--a story of a courageous athlete

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Just when Auburn and Ohio State made me ready to throw in the towel on college sports, something like this comes up...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 29, 2009
WARNING: get a box of Kleenex before watching...

All I can say is wow.... I witnessed almost the same thing over the last year. The younger sister of my daughter's best friend went through nearly the same exact thing. She was playing ball in Florida with her college team during February last year. She had a collision in the outfield with a team mate and suffered a concussion. While she was recovering from the concussion she had severe abdominal pains. X-rays and scans showed she had a tumor in her abdomen. It was on her ovary. After surgery and chemo she went back to school in the fall. It was all she wanted to do. Right before the Christmas break she was having more issues. Another set of scans showed the cancer had spread throughout her body. She had tumors growing at an alarming rate. She was suffering from a blood clot in her leg and she was too weak for any further surgery. She ended up losing her battle with ovarian cancer at the beginning of March this year. She had just turned 22.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG