Hurricane Beryl

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
We survived! Winds are still gusting, but the worst has passed. Downed fences and limbs/branches in my yard. Had to drive 25 minutes to Katy, Tx to find gas for my generator. My DD is sitting on a cruise ship in the Gulf of Mexico. She and her BF were supposed to arrive this morning. Of course, they went to Cozumel the day after Beryl hit. Hoping her car isn't flooded at the cruise terminal parking lot.

Good luck folks!

May 29, 2015
We survived! Winds are still gusting, but the worst has passed. Downed fences and limbs/branches in my yard. Had to drive 25 minutes to Katy, Tx to find gas for my generator. My DD is sitting on a cruise ship in the Gulf of Mexico. She and her BF were supposed to arrive this morning. Of course, they went to Cozumel the day after Beryl hit. Hoping her car isn't flooded at the cruise terminal parking lot.

Good luck folks!

Go check the Sparkler thread for information on what is a legal catch. ?

Glad to hear everybody is safe, and hoping the recovery process isn't too difficult.

Jul 18, 2022
Hope the area gets back to normal soon! I have a coworker in a Houston suburb and is now on day 3 of no power or cell service. :oops:

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Hope the area gets back to normal soon! I have a coworker in a Houston suburb and is now on day 3 of no power or cell service. :oops:
I am fortunate that I have my generator hooked up to the breaker panel. I put a window unit in the living room. I am powering 2 fridges, freezer, tv's, lights, internet. No house A/C. We just had a bizarre event called a "derecho" that knocked power out for 7 days in May. I am getting used to this.

Jul 18, 2022
I am fortunate that I have my generator hooked up to the breaker panel. I put a window unit in the living room. I am powering 2 fridges, freezer, tv's, lights, internet. No house A/C. We just had a bizarre event called a "derecho" that knocked power out for 7 days in May. I am getting used to this.
I'm not sure how you ever get used to that.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I bought my house new from the builder 19 years ago. They offered a whole house generator for about $6,000 that was hooked up to the natural gas line. My neighbor bought one when he moved in, and in the 19 years we've been here, it's been used for a total of two hours. We didn't even lose power during hurricane Sandy. I guess underground lines really do help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl