Horween Nolan Arenado release!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
SoftballFans just released another gem! An all Horween Pro12-6HT, it’s a 12” full Horween that’s built to Arenado’s gamer specs.

From all accounts it’s really a Pro1000 with a few cooler features, this one has Horween finger liners instead of the squishy black liners inside the Pro1000, and the Arenado has black embroidery on the index finger, the Pro1000 has no embroidery.

But, and I hate this but.........this Arenado has rolled welting instead of split welting like the Pro1000. This must be to Arenado’s glove specs? That’s just personal dislike for me, I’m sure there’s plenty of people who like rolled welting over split, especially the Wilson crowd. Anyway, I’m sure it’s a top shelf incredible glove regardless of the welting!

SoftballFans just keeps turning out one exclusive hit after another!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
What is welting?
See the light gray seams on the back of the fingers on this Pro1000, that's split gray (or rough) welting. More old school and always found on Horween gloves, that's why rolled welting on this Arenado is very odd.

thumbnail (59).jpg

And here is rolled welting on a A2000 1799, a little more refined, guess I'm old school, I love split welting more!91VEaA4kVSL._SL1500___93388.1502037084.1280.1280.jpg

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I really wish I liked the black embroidery more. I don't have enough H webs :ROFLMAO:
I don't have a Horween glove with black embroidery, I think it looks great, nice contrast! I think i'm going to hold off on this one, there's six different 12" H-web gloves at the house! I didn't know this one coming down the line.........it may have given Anna's new Pro1000 a run for the money!? If it had split welting, I would have already ordered one!

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
I don't think I'm going to buy another glove until my son decides if he wants to play travel ball next spring or not. If he decides to, buying him a little nicer glove for Christmas will probably be my next glove purchase. Olivia is set for gloves until HER kids decide to play ball or not :LOL:

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I don't think I'm going to buy another glove until my son decides if he wants to play travel ball next spring or not. If he decides to, buying him a little nicer glove for Christmas will probably be my next glove purchase. Olivia is set for gloves until HER kids decide to play ball or not :LOL:
Thought you were hot on a Pro1000? You shelve that idea?

Jun 8, 2016
See the light gray seams on the back of the fingers on this Pro1000, that's split gray (or rough) welting. More old school and always found on Horween gloves, that's why rolled welting on this Arenado is very odd.

View attachment 14890

And here is rolled welting on a A2000 1799, a little more refined, guess I'm old school, I love split welting more!View attachment 14892
I like the rough welting as well but it is probably because I am an old fuddy duddy and that is what I am used to seeing.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00