Helmet Feddback/Review

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 26, 2010
Central NJ
I don't have any experience with the Rip-It. My DD uses a Worth low profile softball helmet/facemask which looks very similar to the Rip-It, and likes it very much. There are several manufacturers that make softball specific helmets.

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
Our travel teams always get new helmets every year so we have used several different types like worth, schutt, and easton, but we always use Rip-It face masks. Lightest made with great visibility. Didn't know they mad a helmet, but I would definatly give it a try, depending on price. Looks like the mask on thiers doesn't have the top bar that attatches to the visor. (Even lighter?) How much does it cost?

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
My thoughts exactly about the face mask and it's lightweight.

Some of these helmet face masks look so darn heavy duty you'd think they belong on football helmets. Also, if the helmet isn't adjustable they tend to fall down in front of the faces. I see some girls "holding" the face mask while they run around the bases...it's a shame.

The Rip-It helmet is in the $50 range. I showed that (Rip-It) and the Worth to my DD. She thought both looked pretty nice but would prefer to try the worth (which was in the $35 range) so that's what we told Santa.

If she is comfortable, confident and happy then obviously I'm happy. And she knows she can tell me if she's not and I'll make a switch in a heartbeat.

I'll let you all know what we think after Christmas...something tells me Santa will come through!

May 26, 2010
Central NJ
The Rip-It helmet is in the $50 range. I showed that (Rip-It) and the Worth to my DD. She thought both looked pretty nice but would prefer to try the worth (which was in the $35 range) so that's what we told Santa.

QUOTE]

I think your DD will like the Worth helmet. I know mine does. The only "modification" I would recommend is replacing the chin strap if your DD is required to wear one. The Worth helmet comes with a chin strap that uses plastic snaps, and is difficult to use. I replaced it with a $2 Rawlings chin strap that uses metal snaps, and it is much easier to use. Other than that one minor thing, the helmet works very well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom