Head Coach Suddenly Out at NC State?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 12, 2014
The thing that blows my mind on this one is that with the pitching coach quitting right before the season started and the firing of both the head coach and her assistant coach husband midseason, they are left with a kid who has apparently no softball coaching experience and was running their softball ops as the interim head coach and what looks like possibly the team manager as the assistant for the remainder of the year.

May 29, 2015
Not relevant to the story, but it's funny that Jennifer Patrick married Patrick Swift and now her last name is her husband's full name.

That was going to be my take-away:

Wait a second, you mean to tell me ... you beat me to it.

Also, I'm not a fan of the "family coaching" approach at ANY level. Not spouses, not children and parents. It gives the program less oversight and adds in too much room for corruption of the program/roles.

Jun 21, 2019
While I don't have specific insight into NC state. I've heard the team ‘Wolf in Sheep’s clothing used to describe the HC and her husband. So I don't think this is wins and losses based. The person I know who knows this staff frankly is shocked they've been able to get so far in the game and run big programs.

Also, note NC State lost most of their top players after the 2021 season to the portal. That doesn't happen if there's a good environment

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
While I don't have specific insight into NC state. I've heard the team ‘Wolf in Sheep’s clothing used to describe the HC and her husband. So I don't think this is wins and losses based. The person I know who knows this staff frankly is shocked they've been able to get so far in the game and run big programs.

Also, note NC State lost most of their top players after the 2021 season to the portal. That doesn't happen if there's a good environment
The losses to the portal would be a major concern to me too. We have a local D2 school that lost 13 girls over the last two seasons to the portal or girls not taking their extra COVID year. How that coach keeps her job is beyond me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00