Hard contact... obstruction? ejection?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 12, 2009
CT
I agree completely on situations 2 & 3, but I have a question on situation #1. Typically when there is a potential play from RF to 1B, the runner is running through the bag, similar to a ball to the infield. If she is rounding the bag on that play, it seems to me she is attempting to interfere with the play from RF (especially since the same kid was involved in all three instances of contact).

How would this situation be any different from a ground ball to deep SS and having the runner round the bag at 1B and run into F3 receiving the throw from F6?

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
I agree completely on situations 2 & 3, but I have a question on situation #1. Typically when there is a potential play from RF to 1B, the runner is running through the bag, similar to a ball to the infield. If she is rounding the bag on that play, it seems to me she is attempting to interfere with the play from RF (especially since the same kid was involved in all three instances of contact).

How would this situation be any different from a ground ball to deep SS and having the runner round the bag at 1B and run into F3 receiving the throw from F6?

Doesn't make any difference, there was no play, so the base is opened up for the BR/R. F3 must not impede the now R without the ball. Runners round bases all the time, sometimes just to see if a throw can be drawn.

Maybe the contact was intentional and meant to give the fielder the hint that she cannot be there. As long as the runner did not deviate from her path, I see nothing wrong with it. Now, if the contact was, IMJ, malicious, there may be a need for a substitute.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00