Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 8, 2019
Our small CA lawn is taken care of with a cheapo old Home Depot mower that was not fantastic when new. However, I had to replace the carburetor last year (figured I’d rather spend $20 to squeeze some more life out of it than $300 on another cheepo), and the throttle was set significantly higher with the new carb. Must have nearly doubled the blade rpm! Now the thing will cut through the grass no matter how many times I don’t have time to cut it!

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Wright has the patent on Standers with the platform right in between both rear wheels. All other Standers (Toro, Scag, Gravely, Bobcat, etc) have their standing platform that extends off the back of the unit making the front end too light. Standing in between the wheels your body weight is more or less part of the unit. That make sense?

See what I mean?
View attachment 27464
View attachment 27465
You're going to have to sell a lot of those gloves to pay for that bad boy.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Yeah they’re pricey! Looking for a low hour used one. One of these will last me forever just using it in a residential setting, these were meant to be run 8 hours a day!
My friend runs a landscaping company, and he has two of those. I think he said they were $12K brand new.

Sep 1, 2021
What kind of mowers you guys using? I'm using a commercial 40" Toro walk behind, fantastic mower! But I need something that's old man knee friendly now, thinking of a Stander / Stand on mower. A 48" Wright Stander is on my radar, problem is I can't hide that as easily as another ball glove from the wifey!

But, I'll never use a non-commercial mower again, once you use one you'll understand!
I have a 60'' Hustler X-one. I have about 1.7 acres but it has a lot of hills. I wanted a beast where I could ride the hills and not have to push them.
I may not look real smart when I'm riding those hills but it saves a ton of time. At least I keep the roll bar up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish