Grandslam trot..a prodigys downgrade?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

So its only highschool ball ....
We're small school confrence (studentbody=600 or less) at home playing last confrence game against undefeated #6 ranked team that has what i used to consider one of the best all around athletes that commited to a D1 Big Ten university.
We lost 22-0... during thier slugfest in the 5th inning she jacks a grandslam giving her 11rbi's for the game(went 4-4,2hr and threw a 1 hitter) So im watching this senior trot around the bases with her arms streched out like a toddler mimicking a plane, high 5ing 3rd base coach only to stop half way to home so she can turn and do the "moonwalk" dance backwards as she crosses homeplate. I dont know if a milestone was just achievd but still, such a classless act from an elite athlete......i see a HBP in her future.
Class, sportsmanship and dignity......i can only hope the D1 environment will save/educate her.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
I swear, if we would have seen this we would have been appalled. I am appalled hearing this now! If I was her coach, I would NOT tolerate this.

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
No room for 'cocky' play. A reasonable explanation would be if this was a final farewell
in her very last HS game and she got carried away. I encourage girls to be all business
especially when blowing out a team. We had a game 2 weeks back that ended 22-2. Our girls
drew just 3 walks the entire game but everyone was hitting the ball hard. We even walked off the bases
in our last at bat or it would have been much worse. My girls were well behaved and did not make a mockery
of that game.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Very unclassy. Luckily it is out of the norm! For the most part SB has respectable athletes and it needs to stay that way. We parents and coaches need to prevent a generation of NFL receiver type behavior.
Also.....moon walk in cleats? would have be funny to see her biff it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG