Good night

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
Even though DD's team lost their game last nite - DD had a pretty good night. She went 4-4 with 4 RBIs (which was 1/2 of our runs scored). 4 hits in a game ties a school record also! One of the coaches gave her a shout-out in the team meeting.

Sadly she didn't get a run since no one was able to drive her in. The coach bats her last (not sure why - she has the 3rd best BA on the team) and last night for some reason, the top of our order was struggling. Bottom of our lineup was on fire though.
First two were decent grounders that got through and next two were line drives to the outfield (one should have been a double - but runner in front was a little slow)

Sad we lost though - we made a huge comeback in the game. Struggled early on with pitching :(

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
I'm happy for you and your DD, but there are four instances in this rather short post of you putting down the other players on the team. I really don't see why that's necessary.

We know you think the coaches don't recognize her ability compared to others on the team. Maybe you're right. That certainly does happen from time to time. But there's no need to put down her teammates while propping her up. I hope you don't do that in conversations with your DD.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
I'm happy for you and your DD, but there are four instances in this rather short post of you putting down the other players on the team. I really don't see why that's necessary.

We know you think the coaches don't recognize her ability compared to others on the team. Maybe you're right. That certainly does happen from time to time. But there's no need to put down her teammates while propping her up. I hope you don't do that in conversations with your DD.
The mother of the slower player mentioned it to me tbh - I didn't even notice at the time - I was just happy she got a good hit. I'm not sure where saying that the top of the order struggling is bad - sometimes players have bad nights? And sometimes pitchers have bad nights. It happens to every team. It was a good game for us - we struggled and recovered - just came up short.
Happy for our team since this was a region game and we can learn from it and hopefully do better in our next game with them.

I honestly did not mean to come off as putting any of the players down.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018
Congrats to her on the solid hitting.

Don't lose too much sleep trying to figure out school coaches. What they do often doesn't make sense or agree with your opinion, and there's nothing you can do about it. Except drive yourself crazy, look like a moron in public, etc. Just enjoy the good stuff.