Good luck to those who will be sitting by the phone at midnight Saturday Aug 31/Sunday Sept 1

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 6, 2019
For anyone who needs to hear it, my 2025 just committed this week. She had 6 D1 offers that were all tuition plus (of athletic aid). She received no contact on September 1. No phone calls, no emails, no texts. She didn't have any contact in September at all. Or October, or November, or December, or January, or February, or March, or April. You get the idea. While it would have been nice to have it done last fall, do know that it doesn't have to. And there will still be lots of money/spots available even into next summer. Good luck to all!

Nov 18, 2022
For anyone who needs to hear it, my 2025 just committed this week. She had 6 D1 offers that were all tuition plus (of athletic aid). She received no contact on September 1. No phone calls, no emails, no texts. She didn't have any contact in September at all. Or October, or November, or December, or January, or February, or March, or April. You get the idea. While it would have been nice to have it done last fall, do know that it doesn't have to. And there will still be lots of money/spots available even into next summer. Good luck to all!

Congrats!! My 2025 had about the same journey and ended better than she could have imagined! Good luck to all!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I believe the Sept 1st dates apply to the top 1% of prospects that coaches have already been following. The rest of the players will fall into place as those players begin to start committing.

And congrats to you and your DD!

Aug 9, 2021
Congrats!

Completely agree as well. I was surprised by the number of coaches still looking for 2024s even late into the summer.

Edit: Fixed class year...2024, not 2025.

Last edited:

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Congrats!

Completely agree as well. I was surprised by the number of coaches still looking for 2025s even late into the summer.
25s? How about 2024s? My daughter got offers from four D1 schools to enter as a 2024 after Atlanta Legacy. She had told everyone she was going to reclass as a 2025, but they were in need of pitching. There are still D1 schools looking for 2024 players.

May 27, 2013
That is so awesome to hear for your DD’s! I imagine the transfer portal movement has changed the landscape of recruitment now where players and parents don’t have to start getting extremely anxious if nothing happens on 9/1 of junior year.

Jun 29, 2023
25s? How about 2024s? My daughter got offers from four D1 schools to enter as a 2024 after Atlanta Legacy. She had told everyone she was going to reclass as a 2025, but they were in need of pitching. There are still D1 schools looking for 2024 players.
That's interesting, were these coaches your daughter had previously emailed and went to camps with?

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
That's interesting, were these coaches your daughter had previously emailed and went to camps with?
Not at all. The one coach had just taken her job a few days before meeting her at Legacy. She told my wife she recognized her but didn't remember from where. When she told her where she had played previously, she and the coach sitting next to her shook their heads, chuckled, and just muttered the former organization head's name. Honestly, it was her new organization that did it for her. The last one promised the world and delivered crap.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
Daughter is a 2026. Getting a little anxious to find out who is genuinely interested my daughter. She has done the emails, went to 6-8 high level D1 camps. Multiple schools have been in contact with her head coach, some of those schools have been in contact with her high school coach also.

She has her top 3 schools that have showed interest, plus two other schools that are not as high on the list but she is certainly interested in. We have put together a list of questions that coaches from schools are likely to ask on a phone call, and she has been preparing herself to give educated responses to those type of questions. This might seem weird but I am hoping some school calls that she is not very interested in first so she can get a better idea of what actually occurs during these type of phone calls.

To be honest, I personally feel pretty uninformed by how this whole process goes down. Like most things in life, until you have gone through the entire process, you don't really know. Everyone's situation is a little different.

Yeah, I quoted my own post. Figured it would make things easier for a current update.

Daughter got 20-25 D1 schools reach out today. Half the schools that reached out are P5 schools, and the other half are mid majors. Some of the colleges are schools that she has been in contact through email, camps, social media, and some of the colleges are schools that we had know idea were scouting her or had interest in her until today.

Most of the contacts today came right at 12:00 midnight via text, or email. Multiple schools made phone calls throughout the day. No phone calls at midnight which was appreciative since she was sleeping. She missed every phone call from the colleges today since she had 3 games today, one pool play game and two bracket games. All the schools left voicemails. Kind of a bad weekend to be playing a tournament with everything going on.

She is now setting up times to actually talk to coaches tomorrow after 4pm, since they still have 3 bracket games tomorrow. It kind of feels like she is blowing these colleges off since she has been on the softball field all day and really has not had any time to talk to the coaches outside of text messages. She has real interest in some of these schools that have contacted her. Once again, not the best weekend to be playing in a tournament.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zs052805