Full season practice plan/scope and sequence

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
Taylor, when you create your practice plans, keep them. I store mine by date. Then, I can reference them the next year.

This is probably the best advice in the thread. I have the past four years of plans. 2018 was the first year I would type out a detailed plan with times and everything listed.

I still tend to plan practice day-by-day, but I look at previous years to see what I did on that day (and usually the day before/day after). I can then adjust if the current team has different needs.

This year I'm not scheduling any games the first week we're allowed to play (multiple reasons, but mainly those games usually get canceled and if we do play, it's so miserable outside we may as well not bother), so I have three weeks of practice before the first varsity game. I also have 31 girls signed up, and half of them have never played before. All those newbies won't end up playing, but I need to prepare for about 10 girls with no experience in addition to some pretty decent returning players (4 travel players, plus quite a few others with 3-4 years or more of experience). Having four years of practice plans to reference is going to make planning practice for the vastly different skill levels a lot easier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying