Finally!!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 24, 2016
They couldn't play TB before?

no, in tn our kids could not play independent sports while participating in school sports. my dd plays for a travel team out of VA, she has been sitting on the sidelines the first three tourneys, in fear of getting dismissed from her school team. ( starting ss middle school)

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
Not sure how this is a good thing. My girls practice or play every weekday, and the last thing they need is to play another 4 or 6 or whatever games on the weekend. I'm glad Ohio has the same rule.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
In CA, HS kids can attend 'clinics' (practices) but cant play in travel games until the HS season is over. I dont have a problem with it.

Feb 24, 2016
In CA, HS kids can attend 'clinics' (practices) but cant play in travel games until the HS season is over. I dont have a problem with it.
I almost certain this applies to sports played in middle school not high school. the surrounding states either do not have this rule or do not have middle school ball. many of the most talented girls chose not to play school ball because of this. dd's tb coach assured her that her spot on the team was secure and encouraged her to play school ball, as she was on the fence about playing school ball over tb.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
It does apply to MS only. DD played in an independent MS league which was not sanctioned. This allowed the girls to play both travel and school ball in the fall, which is fine for MS (we played twice a week and practiced once a week), but I don't think it will work with the time commitment HS ball requires. Also, the final decision is up to the HC as to whether or not they allow MS players participate in travel. A little bit of a cop out to quiet the ones who have complained to the TMSAA about this for years.

Nov 12, 2013
maritimes
my oldest dd is doing grade 12 in italy. school goes 6 days a week 8-1. if you want to do sports you have all afternoon to go do them with the club of choice.

sports are not affiliated with school at all.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dd2k13