fake ASA 2004 stickers

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
There is a guy on my local Craigslist selling fake ASA stickers for bats. I can't think how this would effect fast pitch, but guys can put them on their USSSA bats and get them to pass inspection.

He has already been kicked off of Ebay for selling a counterfeit product.

Some people go to a lot of trouble, to cheat.

Apr 1, 2010
Good grief. Rolling, shaving, fake stickers? If people would just spend the time and money on hitting instruction that they spend trying to gain an edge by cheating, their daughters wouldn't need to cheat *and* they would have the satisfaction of knowing they had genuine skills.

May 17, 2012
This is common in slow pitch.

"I am selling the last sets of Miken Freak 98 decals for this summer. These are ultra thin, laser cut and very durable. Perfect for converting your Miken Ultra II or any non ASA approved softball bat into a perfectly legal Freak 98."

I can imagine the lawsuit if you did this and hit the pitcher with your modified bat.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
This is common in slow pitch.

"I am selling the last sets of Miken Freak 98 decals for this summer. These are ultra thin, laser cut and very durable. Perfect for converting your Miken Ultra II or any non ASA approved softball bat into a perfectly legal Freak 98."

I can imagine the lawsuit if you did this and hit the pitcher with your modified bat.

Miken will tell you they do not use decals. Anything outside the coating is a dead give away. Of course, so are the morons who put them on backwards.

BTW, there is no such animal as an ASA sticker. The only time ASA had such a thing was when the recertification occurred and the manufacturers were the bigger cheaters than the bat owners.

If someone points to a "sticker", point them to the parking lot.

Jun 12, 2015
It never ceases to amaze me what some people will do for a win. Don't they realize if you win by cheating, you're still a loser?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Easy to detect, but again, takes somebody who cares to catch it. There will always be people around
trying to cash in on the huge percentage of people that will cheat to win.

Heck, there are people around that get blank higher compression softballs and re-label them to say
the lower numbers for those hit your own ball tournys.

It will never stop because our society is geared too much to win at whatever cost, and not about ethics and morals
while competing.

Feb 25, 2016
I don't get why they bother checking bats in fastpitch. Every bat other than a fastpitch bat would be a significant disadvantage, unless you're up against a lobbing pitcher.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
I don't get why they bother checking bats in fastpitch. Every bat other than a fastpitch bat would be a significant disadvantage, unless you're up against a lobbing pitcher.

Yeah, this was a misconception a decade ago, too when the FP community believed all bat issues were SP problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KristinS1711