Emotional Senior Night

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 31, 2011
Jawja
I did chuckle at #9, she musta struck out, was not happy!

My DD starts HS in the fall, and I know this "senior day" is coming quick.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I did chuckle at #9, she musta struck out, was not happy!

Haha, yes there is a story behind that. Her dad works out of town, he flew in for senior night ( only his 3rd game to see this year). She has the best BA on the team, before Mondays game it was .517. Everyone else was killing the ball, scored 15 runs in 3 innings but went to the 4th because we were waiting for the sun to go down for the senior videos ( outside screen ).

Not only was she the only one to strike out, she did twice. So I believe she wasn't very happy about it. Games go like that sometimes.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Now that your dd has graduated, it probably won't be long before your coaching grandkids!! "Plan B" is in effect! :)

Hasn't graduated yet, that's in 2 weeks. Playoffs start in a couple of days. NO GRANDKIDS, til after college and she lands a good enough job that I can retire and move in with her. :)

Aug 14, 2011
Nice stories. I thought I was ready to take on DD's Senior Night this Friday. After reading these posts and crying like an idiot for other people's kids, I may not be as ready as I thought!
Good luck to everyone and their senior nights, present and those to come!

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Nice stories. I thought I was ready to take on DD's Senior Night this Friday. After reading these posts and crying like an idiot for other people's kids, I may not be as ready as I thought!
Good luck to everyone and their senior nights, present and those to come!

It's not too bad, but it does "feel" wierd, it's hard to explain. Hope you can share a pic or two.

Here is something funny and I gotta run, game at 3;30. All the dads grilled, ate, talked and visited in a group during the game. Of course some of us HAD to be together on the field for the ceremony. BUT ONCE, the lights were turned off and the slideshow videos ( each senior had one put to music ) started every single one of us found a spot alone to sit. I guess it's a man thing, women seem to want group support, I'd rather no one see me water up. lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl