Do you coach differently during exposure tournaments?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
On a different thread, one poster suggested that coaches approach exposure tournaments differently than regular tournaments.

What is your experience with this?

Sep 17, 2009
That was my comment, and just to clarify a bit -- in many exposure tournaments there's not even a "tournament" aspect...just five games scheduled across the weekend. That alone limits a lot of the competitive fire, let alone any desire to "expose" girls vs. compete for wins...Curious what others have to say....

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I'd say if I was coaching an exposure team I'd look at it couple of ways.

The ABC exposures I wouldn't go into it as a "play to win". I'm there to get my girls seen, not just play my best. Girls who have contacted a college and they show up, that girl plays. A college coach asks to see ______, she plays. A college on a players list is there, I invite them to watch ________, she plays.

Now, big time national events ( ASA Nats, Premier ) we are going to play to win.

I kinda look at ABC exposures as "individual" time. YOU have got to sell yourself to the college, you're not selling the team. Nats is about showing your TEAM is the best.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl