Cornhole on CBS

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2013
Just makes me wonder HOW cornhole can get on TV but fastpitch pro leagues can't.
I have to believe the wrong people were in charge of marketing and growing the game. College football/ NFL, College baseball/ MLB, College BB/ NBA, College fastpitch/????.

College cornhole and/or spikeball are going to pass by College fastpitch.
NPF made a deal to put games on Flo Softball even though making the games easier to see would have been better for the sport. I think they wanted to make a couple quick bucks at the expense of the future of pro softball.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
NPF made a deal to put games on Flo Softball even though making the games easier to see would have been better for the sport. I think they wanted to make a couple quick bucks at the expense of the future of pro softball.
How does viewer ratings on flo softball compare to espn ratings?

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Why a quick buck? Why not a lot of bucks over a lot of time? I wish some marketing guru/ fastpitch fan would get behind and figure out how to make pro fastpitch a reality. We have women's golf, tennis and basketball. Think there is room for fastpitch if done correctly. It would probably take MLB help and that's OK.

Jan 8, 2019
Just makes me wonder HOW cornhole can get on TV but fastpitch pro leagues can't.
I have to believe the wrong people were in charge of marketing and growing the game. College football/ NFL, College baseball/ MLB, College BB/ NBA, College fastpitch/????.

Much easier to find sponsors for a game where you can actually drink their product WHILE playing the game! There are no cornhole leagues that are worried about tarnishing their image, nor are there many (I seriously doubt any) leagues that have a no alcohol policy to even debate the issue of accepting such promotional opportunity.

A fastpitch league whose fanbase is largely minors has to settle for the occasional DSG 10% off coupon and maybe the same from a fast food chain hoping to get our post-tourney-no-time-for-a-real-dinner business.

Dec 6, 2019

Two words: Cheri Kempf

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elhoff86