Cornhole on CBS

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Random channel searching at 11am on a sunday, channel 2 CBS
There it was
Cornhole Competition
Winner plays for $250,000

Holy mackerel had no idea tossing bean bags was a prime time slot sport that could buy a house.
Hmmm not sure how softball on t.v. could compete with that ...lol

20210905_111503-1.jpg

Jul 31, 2015
I saw this over the summer when in OKC for a tournament. Thought it was a midwest thing.
But no!
It's everywhere now.

And it's awesome.

Jun 8, 2016
Cornhole is on the (long) list of things I learned about when I moved to OK but didn’t need to know.

Aug 25, 2019
I don't plan on watching corn hole in tv, by when I come across it i watch. It's very quick and has a soothing quality to it.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Anna’s BF took a set he built with us on vacation, a couple nights after dinner you would have thought we were playing for a quarter million! Couple of games got real rude!!

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
It was never big where we lived in Oregon. Once we moved to the mid-west we realized how popular it was. Really enjoy playing it. Probably (hopefully?) broke even on the money side of it. It’s great because I can play while still holding an adult beverage.

The TV thing is funny. But if bowling, darts, and cards bring in the ratings. Why not corn hole?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
My painter at work is over the top in everything he paints, builds…..everything he does! He built a cornhole set, with the paint, screen printed decals, and clear, he probably had $500/600 in materials?

Next thing you know he’s playing in tournaments once a week. He’s a fairly new golfer, we’ve played together 3 or 4 times and I just beat the brakes off of him, and of course I should, it’s new to him.

So he starting setting up his cornhole boards in the paint shop, of course when I would go out there he’d say come on, let’s play.

I considered myself pretty good, shoot, I couldn’t beat him no way, no how, no matter how hard I tried! Couldn’t never score on him, he cancelled out EVERYTHING I did, and of course when I didn’t cancel him out he scored, and he never has a bad throw!

But I’ve learned…..I used to throw the bags high like a slowpitch softball pitch, nope that’s wrong! You have to use the helicopter spin throw and keep it low!

Aug 21, 2008
Seriously RAD, you post this and you don't answer the burning question of WHO WON???? I'm not going to sleep tonight wondering who won the cornhole 1/4 million.

It's all about sponsorship dollars. Men's fastpitch has tried and tried to get the world final on TV annually but, the cost are prohibitive. And, ASA/USA won't invest anything in the men's game to have the National final on TV. There are a whole generation of players today who don't even know that men play fastpitch softball, or their place in the history of today's game. The women's game numbers on TV get better and better every year, and it might be too much to think the same could happen for the guys. I guess we'll never know until I hit the Powerball and put the game on TV, primetime ESPN. :) RAD and I will be the commentators, 2 time Olympic Gold medalist Michele Smith can go fly a kite.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Seriously RAD, you post this and you don't answer the burning question of WHO WON???? I'm not going to sleep tonight wondering who won the cornhole 1/4 million.

It's all about sponsorship dollars. Men's fastpitch has tried and tried to get the world final on TV annually but, the cost are prohibitive. And, ASA/USA won't invest anything in the men's game to have the National final on TV. There are a whole generation of players today who don't even know that men play fastpitch softball, or their place in the history of today's game. The women's game numbers on TV get better and better every year, and it might be too much to think the same could happen for the guys. I guess we'll never know until I hit the Powerball and put the game on TV, primetime ESPN. :) RAD and I will be the commentators, 2 time Olympic Gold medalist Michele Smith can go fly a kite.
I watched for about 8 minutes
But Dog the bounty hunter was on so...

That would be a blast to commentate softball with you Mr.B ???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elhoff86