Cage/Cold weather bat for DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
Both the CF6 and the Nanotek should be balanced bats I believe. Old stamp Nano's should not be too hard to find cheap.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
We have gotten into the habit of buying my DD a new bat every year, and she uses last years bat for BP and in cold weather. Try Ebay or Play It Again Sports to see if you can find a good deal on a used Xeno. If you do not want to use a composite bat, try to find a good deal on a used Rocketech.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I have a 2014 Xeno 33/24 collecting dust in my sports closet. Make me an offer I can't refuse and it's yours! Bought it for my DD last year and she prefers her 33/23 so it has not seen much use.

Apr 1, 2010
Anderson Rocketech is the one I have heard of a lot. I got my hands on one x-mas and it will feel a lot different than the Xeno but I think you might have a hard time finding a cold weather bat like the Xeno. Be careful with the size, it is a beast of a bat.

The Rocketech is a beast, but it is end-loaded. However, Anderson makes a double-wall metal that is not end-loaded--the Techzilla. It is also a tank. DD had one and I'm not sure if it's even possible to break it.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
The Rocketech is a beast, but it is end-loaded. However, Anderson makes a double-wall metal that is not end-loaded--the Techzilla. It is also a tank. DD had one and I'm not sure if it's even possible to break it.

No question that the the Techzilla is a tank! Although considered balanced by Anderson standards, the TZ does not swing like any other balanced bat DD ever swung!

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Not convinced that moving from different size, weight, length, balance of bats makes any difference in terms of adjustment. DD recently has made many swings with a 33/23, a 33/34 and a k-mart 33/26, and I don't see any significant adjustment time needed to go from one to the other. It's all in the head, IMHO. If you think it's different, you might struggle. If you think a stick is a stick, you're fine. Just go hit the ball and stop thinking so much.

Dec 20, 2013
Parkersburg, WV
My daughter uses the Easton FS3 2013. It is a 32 -11.5 and weighs the same as the CF7 Hope 32 -10. Easton's seem to weigh a little more then labeled. She is 11, 5 4 130lb. The Easton does sting if hit on the end or close to the handle if she doesn't wear gloves but she always wears them. She doesn't notice the difference between one piece or two piece when its cold out, lol.....

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Not convinced that moving from different size, weight, length, balance of bats makes any difference in terms of adjustment. DD recently has made many swings with a 33/23, a 33/34 and a k-mart 33/26, and I don't see any significant adjustment time needed to go from one to the other. It's all in the head, IMHO. If you think it's different, you might struggle. If you think a stick is a stick, you're fine. Just go hit the ball and stop thinking so much.

I think this becomes true once a hitter has locked in sound mechanics AND self confidence!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan