Brands and style of leather softballs you use?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 10, 2021
Dudley NFHS until we have to go to Rawlings FPCIF-SS
Any noticeable difference between the Rawlings FPCIFSS and the regular Dreamseam from a pitchers perspective?

Had someone tell me there is, but specs look the same to me...maybe seam height!? 🤷

Wondering if I should find some to practice with since I understand HS will be using these.

Jan 8, 2019
Any noticeable difference between the Rawlings FPCIFSS and the regular Dreamseam from a pitchers perspective?

Had someone tell me there is, but specs look the same to me...maybe seam height!? 🤷

Wondering if I should find some to practice with since I understand HS will be using these.
So, yes, but let me clarify.

Going from Dreamseams to any NFHS ball is going to be a huge difference! Mainly in the seam height. NFHS are significantly more raised.

Going from the old Dudley NFHS to the new Rawlings FPCIF required ball, there is also a difference. Girls claim they are heavier, a little slippery feeling, and have slightly less pronounced seam height.

The specs for the new balls also seem to allow for a little more variation. Not sure yet how they will last.

My advice, yes, get some to practice with!

inumpire

Observer, but has an opinion
Oct 31, 2014
Two that don’t get mentioned a lot and are two of my favorites are Sterling and Trump Evil balls, both are excellent!
The Sterling ball is a very good ball. Don’t see the Trump ball very often to really have an opinion on it. But to me, the Sterling is one of the better ones.

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
I will follow up and say the Dudley USSSA and Dudley USA really hold up well! I will also verify the Wilson Champion series take a beating and hold up amazingly well too, those are what I am using mostly for practice.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414