Brands and style of leather softballs you use?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 6, 2017
Composite. We have decker and Champro in the basement bucket for good practice balls. Great pitching balls , nice seams.

Jul 13, 2019
I like to use the Wilson A 9011. I like the seams and it is a ball that I have used for over a year and it has been used in cages for batting practice and just the other day I'm noticing that some of the balls are getting a little lopsided from hitting the posts.

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
Jusssst got the Utrip Thunder Heats in. Those seams aren't that bad at all! No dream seam, but not bad at all. Also, NOTHING is different from USA stamped to USSSA but color of seams that I can notice.

Last edited:

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
@LEsoftballdad ; what do you recommend for pitching practice? SB-12? Basic 12/14u TB level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are great balls, but they're very expensive for just practice. You can go with Thunder Heat or Dream Seams in the sanction model you play in most.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
I have been weighing softballs for years and it's surprising how it varies. I started doing this because I thought I noticed a difference. The worst are Rawlings Hot Seam Red Dots. Someone gave me two boxes and I would estimate that about 40% weighed more than 7 oz, some as much as 7.25oz. Regulation weight is 6.25-7.00oz. Thunder Heats and SB-12 are more uniform. Those are the only brands I have a lot of experience with. It only makes a difference if you're a pitcher.

Jan 31, 2022
Don't recall seeing a thread on this, maybe I'm blind. :p

What softballs yall using?

Dudley, Rawlings, Baden, Champs, yada yada yada? We got a bunch of Dudley Thunder Heat USA and Thunder Heat USSSA's we use, also have some Badens mixed in. Interested to hear what yall running with in parts of the country.
Used to use the Dudley Thunder Heat for the Seams but now we are Sterling all the way. Maybe feels a lot the same but the service that you get from Donna is incomparable + the coolness of easily branding your program on the ball. No way to compete with that combo

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414