Boo Hoo - TN vs SC

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 7, 2011
So I was watching ON NORMAL TV FEED (finally) the TN & SC game.

I was a "COLD" 50 degrees F and apparently Ellen could not throw her spins like she normally can.

(Well this is what the announcer said at least)

I say boo friggin hoo!

We're lucky if it gets to 50 by the end of the hs season!

We should have a super-regional at the university of Alaska Fairbanks some year to weed out the wussies.....

;)

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
DD's team played yesterday at 37 degrees and windy. I don't know what wind chill was but it was cold. Naturally, when games ended, so did wind and the sun warmed up to a hot 41 degrees. Good for the drive home. Heck, we almost put the windows down. LOL!

Oct 14, 2008
We're lucky if it gets to 50 by the end of the hs season!

Youll be lucky if it gets 50 by the end of summer this year

Aug 31, 2011
Jawja
Played in Valdosta, GA this weekend (south Ga, almost in Florida) and it was a warm 80 degrees both days. The down side to that is, my algeries are so bad now from all the polin that I feel like my throat is closing up.

My DD pitched the championship game and we won 12-1 so I guess it was worth it. Maybe.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
DD has a scrimmage today at 4:00...the temperature right now is 24 degrees, climbing to a balmy 36 degrees by 4PM with a wind chill of 29. This is why we always have a Rocketech handy.

Jun 19, 2013
My DD and I were watching that game too and were cracking up. I know they need to find stuff to say so there isn't a lot of dead air time but sometimes it is so annoying. How can you get to your senior year in college and struggle with 50 degree weather? she said the ball is slippery??? And it just sounded like they were rooting for TN to hang on and get that 3rd win. How about being a bit more unbiased. I thought that SC pitcher did really well for a freshman!

Dec 7, 2011
My DD and I were watching that game too and were cracking up. I know they need to find stuff to say so there isn't a lot of dead air time but sometimes it is so annoying. How can you get to your senior year in college and struggle with 50 degree weather? she said the ball is slippery??? And it just sounded like they were rooting for TN to hang on and get that 3rd win. How about being a bit more unbiased. I thought that SC pitcher did really well for a freshman!

Right!

Ya that freshmen (last name "Blue" I think) looked like she has good potential.

Biggest thing that bugged me was pitch-calling (see the other thread on this)

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
My younger daughter, who is about 5'1" and maybe 100 lbs., was never a power pitcher, but she could spin the ball well. It served her well in HS ball until one day when the temperature dipped below 40 and it was wet. She just couldn't hold the ball with her tiny hands. So she wound up either throwing balls or meatballs, neither of which turned out too well for her. It was painful to watch.

At a big-time college, though, I'm surprised they don't plan for that and work on it. I remember Carrie Dever-Boaz saying her college coach used to make her pull balls out of a bucket of water and pitch them just so she'd be able to do it. So some do plan ahead.