Best Mizuno Glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 27, 2021
I am thinking of going big for my DD. B-day and x-mass are close together. She has earned a great softball item. She (2028) made the varsity team this year.

Custom glove is what she has mentioned.

Nov 18, 2015
Not a custom, but I love the Mizuno Pro Selects. I don’t know if that’s the same patterns or leather types you’d get with a custom, but they do seem to already offer several web styles.

I have a baseball 11.75”, a softball (lefty) 12.5”, and recommended another 12.5 LHT for our RF’er. All seem to be of the same quality.

The only “difference” I could see being an issue is the break points. Both 12.5’s have no problem going thumb to pinky, but the IF model I use wants to go thumb to ring finger, despite me usually going TIP.

But I think every glove model will have those differences (AnnasDad can confirm / deny if needed!), so it’s not like all Mizunos break one way, and HoH breaks another way.

Just mentioning this b/c if you’re going the custom route, realizing it doesn’t play how you expected it to after the fact can be a tougher pill to swallow!

But if I ever find the fountain of youth and get drafted by the Mets, I’d be looking at the Mizuno Pro models - looks like a great glove, and I think they let you return it to be reconditioned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Congratulations to your daughter on making varsity!

I am not a massive fan of Mizuno equipment, but if you go that route, a Pro Select is their best offering. They don't have any actual mid-grade gloves available.

If you go custom, let me know so I can get you the best price possible. That goes for other brands, too.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
My current set of clubs is Taylor Made. Of course, I have played one round of golf since 2014, so I am not exactly up to date on the latest gold technology. Gee, I wonder what happened in 2014 that stopped me from playing golf???
Let’s see….

*Was there a wedding involved?
*You saw a video of your swing from a local charity captain’s choice event?
*You set the record for the highest score ever recorded at your local muni?
*Your best friends begged you to quit?
*You’re at your best on the course when driving the beer cart?

Or….could it be the stupid game of softball??

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Let’s see….

*Was there a wedding involved?
*You saw a video of your swing from a local charity captain’s choice event?
*You set the record for the highest score ever recorded at your local muni?
*Your best friends begged you to quit?
*You’re at your best on the course when driving the beer cart?

Or….could it be the stupid game of softball??
No wedding.
My swing was okay.
Highest score? Not even close.
My friends don't play as much anymore, either.
I do like driving the carts into ponds. Funny story there.

BINGO!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogoff1968