bats bats bats!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 29, 2012
My DD has the -11 CF5 and loves it,very well balanced and has great pop.

She tried axeno and it seemed heavy for the weight and she didn't like the sound.

Feb 12, 2013
Fairborn, OH
Looking into buy my DD a new bat since this is the last season hers will be legal. I am looking at about 5 bats.
They are:
Mizuno White out
Demarini CF5
Miken Triad
LS one x/zeno
Anderson flexzilla (I know the rest are composite but all i ever here is great things about Anderson bats)

Right now she is using a 31/21 Miken MV-1 which she loves also has a Rip-it Reaper.
You will have 2 more seasons. 9/1/2014 is new deadline

Dec 7, 2011
CF5 would be my dd's favorite out of those, -10, dd has the insane.

Dittos on the CF5 Insane. DD has hit way too many HR's on less-than-perfect hits to ever get it out of her head there is any other bat.

DD just can't get comfortable with a Xeno and whether it's true or not she believes the Xeno has a noticeably smaller sweet spot. (could be coupled with the fact that every time she here's it hit the ball she thinks it's a mis-hit with the weird sound. Could be a strong psychological factor here but when it boils down to it DD has got to be comfortable with her weapon).

To my last point here, if I could do it all over again I would let DD try out all the bats on the “hot-list” and get her the one SHE feels she is most dangerous using. CONFIDENCE IS HUGE.

Oct 10, 2011
If you decide on the CF5 which is a great bat, and she is used to swinging a Miken and Reaper...I'd suggest getting a drop 9. Mikens and Rip-its run heavy (at least our Rip-it did) and CF5's run light. DD thought her CF5 felt too light compared to the same drop Miken and Easton, but the drop 9 CF5 seemed very similar. At least that's what she said.

Feb 14, 2013
Tennessee
Has anyone seen/tried/heard of the Worth 2013 storm hyperlite? Both my bats now are by worth (powercell and prodigy) and I LOVE them, plus they were super cheap.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
The only weight Triads I have are 33/23

These things have been very slow to release to the public. Were supposed to be out in like November and the Manufacturer kept pushing back release dates. These are still slow to get to stores.

Jul 24, 2008
I had a similar question and did end up getting the 2013 Xeno to replace a 2011 Xeno. My daughter loves these bats.

The bat change rule is only for the USSSA and the date is now September 1, 2014 before the new sticker will be required.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan