Bat Question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

If you are cost conscious the Demarini 2012 CF5 -9 32/23 or -8 33/25 can be had at closeoutbats for $149.00. Our fall ball team used them and everyone had pretty good results.

As far as the dippled cage balls, while others might say it's OK I would probably steer clear...find a back up bat that is as close to weighted the same as possible. If you go the CF5 route at closeout they give you a cheap aluminum bat for 99 cents or you could get an Easton Synge for $59 that you could use as a backup bat that is serviceable in a emergency for a game. If you get the Xeno maybe just look on craigslist or go to your local sporting goods store and find a cheap aluminum bat for a few bucks.

If your heart and wallet are set on the Xeno go for it but given your DD size go for the heavier bat as others suggest.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
I have been using bats with dimpled balls for 10 years and we also use baseball dimpled balls with no issues. As a person told me you break it and send it back under warranity, would you tell them you are hitting dimpled balls? No you would wipe the residue off it and ship it back.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Thanks Carter....
Your post about closeout bats...
I went there and got a synergy, a synge, a cyclone, a complete set of catchers gear with knee savers and a throat guard, a pair of batting gloves and free 2 day shipping plus they threw in a free t-shirt...
Got it all for $305.00!!!!!!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan