Bat/Equipment bags for Travel Ball?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 12, 2010
Oregon
Just wondering what some of you out there are using. We spent too much money last year on the No Error bags. They looked like they would be "the ones" because of the large size, and the heavy duty wheels.

Wheels and handles were great, the rest of the bag fell apart after about 8 months of heavy use.

We travel a lot, on the plane 4-6 times, plus dragging the bags around everywhere.

Suggestions? We normally have our girls put most of their clothes in the bags when when travel to cut back on luggage as well.

TR

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
I would not have a clue for making them last air travel. However if you are tough on them the Mizuno Bags looks well made.
Larger wheels, thicker Materials, etc...We used Easton Synergy II bags and love them. But we do not do air travel at all.
All driving regionally.

Apr 12, 2010
Oregon
Ordered MaxBall Cobra, Cobra XL bags and a Tanel 360 Rage bag to compare.

Maxball is very heavy duty all around. Lots of room; the XL is definitely a good size for a traveling catcher. The regular Cobra is more the right size for a player bag. Good wheels, good base, won't wear out there. Little concerned about the way the side bat pockets will likely hang over after it gets a little worn, could see them dragging.

Tanel 360 Rage looks like a good bag. Not as heavy duty as the Maxball (weighs probably 3+ pounds less, which is not a bad thing). I'm not a big fan of all the pockets....means more zippers that could fail. Not really big enough for a traveling catcher's bag, but perfect size for a player bag. Same wheels and base as the Maxball, so no problems there. Definitely a nice looking bag, with some neat features.

Maxball bag costs about 20% less than the Tanel bag.

I wanted to go with the Maxball because of the apparent ruggedness, but I got over-ruled. Oh well, I think both are a good option.

My observations.

Oct 10, 2011
I found a discount code for the Tanel 360 Rage somewhere on google when I bought mine which made the price easier to handle. It's only a few months old but the DD loves it.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
DD's Tanel 360 RAGE is starting its 3rd full year of HS/TB and holding up well. She's a U18 C and also plays OF and IF, and it holds all the gear she needs and up to 6 bats (4 of those inside). No zipper, strap, fabric issues w/ the exception of the 2 outer game-day bat sleeves which do wear when, despite their advice, you transport bats in them! There's no extra room in the bag, but it still can fit/roll down a school bus aisle which is a problem w/ the bigger bags.

May 31, 2009
Ultimate Sport's XL wheeled bag is a good sturdy bag with lots of pockets and compartment. Has a skid plate on bottom so it won't wear out as quickly, and rails on back to make it more sturdy.
-

Jan 12, 2012
Atlanta, GA
We have/can get any bag you want.

The Worth bags lasted our organization (2) seasons/years. They are custom bags and depending on how well they're treated is a major factor obviously.

Another bag that has been solid is DeMarini.

If I can help, give me a call.

D-BAT Baseball & Softball Academy
John Harris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1