Baden Ax Handle bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 14, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
Interesting. Another thought: today's composite fastpitch bats for sure (and maybe metal bats too) generally need to be broken in evenly all "around" the barrel. The ax handle would have the contact point be the same spot on the barrel every time it appears...

They say on their website that the contact side of the bat has been reinforced. Still, someone would need to convince me of the bats durability.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
The website and the Baden rep I spoke with last night claim the "Avenge" is ASA, USSSA, NSA, ISA and ISF approved.

The Baden L150 AXE Avenge is the only Baden bat approved by ASA.

Personally, I don't like all the handle configurations that have appeared in the past couple decades, they are just not necessary, at least, to me.

And now that ASA permits handle attachments, why would it be necessary to buy a bat with a specific designed handle when you can mold your own?

Oct 19, 2009
I remember when they came out with a bat handle that had a Z shape, long time ago. It was designed to be more easy on the wrist for the swing. I tried and dang near broke my wrist it was sore for weeks. We had one guy on our slowpitch team who used it and did well, but I swore at it evertime I came near it. :mad:

Nov 1, 2009
Okay, the bat had a good workout today and I would say it is like all composite bats in that it has a decent sweet spot and is very hot when hit more than two to three inches from the end. The handle is very comfortable and doesn' restrict the swing at all and does help to have your hands in the proper place at impact. We have the CF4 (don't like), Combat Fernandez (okay but not super hot) Anderson RT (great bat), Easton Synergy (great bat) and the AX (okay but need to use more than once to really have a true opinion). Great hitters don't need great bats but all the new bats do a good job if they hold up the travel schedule which all of them have except Demarini.

Mar 31, 2011
hanover,pa.
just a thought about this bat. i bought it for my daughter at a coaches clinic in january and the rep yold me the bat is ASA, USSSA, NSA, ISA and ISF approved. 2 games into her high school schedule we foud out the PIAA had not approved this bat. it is an awsome bat don't have any complaints. trying to get a refund from baden. any ideas on my recourse to get my money back.

Nov 1, 2009
Follow up on Baden AX. We have been using for about a quarter of our spring travel schedule and I still would have to give it great marks. The reinforced hitting side of the bat seems very solid and if it is thicker it should hold up very well also. The pop is comparable to our other bats and since the fence is only 200-225 it really isn't a factor.

The handle does promote a better swing plane and does force proper hand alignment at impact so if you have a flaw in your swing it could help you out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd