Back Up/Cold Weather/BP Bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 6, 2024
10U daughter used a 28" -12 Marucci DMND Alloy most of last year and did really well with it in her last season of 8U. She grew a little and has worked really hard making the transition to kid pitch so this fall I got her a 29" -11 Dimarini CF (she's small). She's a consistent contact hitter and went from almost all singles to getting more distance and hitting a bunch of doubles as fall ended.

I've read that you're not supposed to use the composite bats with dimple balls, or in cold weather. We live in the midwest so off season practices will see both. She swung the Marucci for the first time in a while today and said it felt "too light". She swings the CF really well, has good control and is improving with regular lessons. She's not a power hitter by any stretch of the imagination. Should I worry about her hitting with the CF this winter, and in the cage? Should I get her a 30" DMND Alloy since it's a -12? She likes a balanced bat and found she liked that one the best of the aluminum bats when trying teammate's bats before they all grew like 6" and went to 30-32" bats.

I'm fortunate that money isn't really an issue but I'd rather not have her trash a $300+ bat if I can avoid it and have her get a full season out of it.

This is so much easier with my son. Bats at every price point and every drop...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaydence