Athletes Go Live Camera and Game Changer

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 16, 2021
Has anyone had success using an AGL V2 camera on Game Changer? Out team was using AGL but after having several games fail to archive and we can't retrieve them at all, we decided to move to GameChanger Team Manager. When we use the AGL camera, the image on the device looks just fine, but when it streams through GCTM, the video is upside down. Not sure if that's AGL doing something funky with the software to prevent you from switching off their service or what. GC tells us that there is nothing on their end and when we switch to a Galaxy phone, all is fine so it is not our account settings. Please pass along words of wisdom.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
We don't have the actual AGL device. We purchased one directly from the manufacturer. But ultimately, without the AGL app, it is just an android tablet. That being said, it is an older version of Android and that may be what is causing some issues. One thing to make sure to do is to place the tablet in the orientation you want before starting the stream. I would also recommend selecting the lock orientation. Folks have a similar issue on FaceBook with iPhones. This usually fixes that issue. Not sure how it will translate to GC.

Sep 16, 2021
We don't have the actual AGL device. We purchased one directly from the manufacturer. But ultimately, without the AGL app, it is just an android tablet. That being said, it is an older version of Android and that may be what is causing some issues. One thing to make sure to do is to place the tablet in the orientation you want before starting the stream. I would also recommend selecting the lock orientation. Folks have a similar issue on FaceBook with iPhones. This usually fixes that issue. Not sure how it will translate to GC.
Thanks but neither fixes the issue. I'm wondering if the AGL tablet has something embedded in the firmware to prevent users from switching services.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Thanks but neither fixes the issue. I'm wondering if the AGL tablet has something embedded in the firmware to prevent users from switching services.
We will try to run a test to confirm. Just to make sure we repeat your setup, when you setup your shot, is your USB-C port on the bottom?

Sep 16, 2021
Sorry
We will try to run a test to confirm. Just to make sure we repeat your setup, when you setup your shot, is your USB-C port on the bottom?
Sorry, did not get notification of your response. Yes, we've tried flipping it both landscape orientations and the feed it upside down when viewing through GC, but on the tablet it is the correct orientation.

Sep 16, 2021
Just curious if you had the chance to play around with this. Again, the video on the tablet is the correct orientation but when streaming, it is upside down. I found some "mobile device management" software on it and cannot find an upgrade from Android 7 to the most current, so I'm guessing AGL locked it down.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Just curious if you had the chance to play around with this. Again, the video on the tablet is the correct orientation but when streaming, it is upside down. I found some "mobile device management" software on it and cannot find an upgrade from Android 7 to the most current, so I'm guessing AGL locked it down.
Boy, I sure thought we did. But I can't recall the results. We've got a newer device and will try to get it setup again. Have you reached out to AGL to get their take?

Sep 16, 2021
Sorry

Sorry, did not get notification of your response. Yes, we've tried flipping it both landscape orientations and the feed it upside down when viewing through GC, but on the tablet it is the correct orientation.
They were not willing to help because we canceled our AGL account.

Nov 5, 2014
Any updates on this? Was just trying to stream on Twitter with our AGL camera and I had a slightly different problem. Video was rotated 90° can't seem to get it to go landscape at all even though it looks correct on the camera while streaming