a genetic test, to see if your kid can be a sports star

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 26, 2010
Let me know when they have an "obnoxious drama queen" gene test for the kids parents, and I'll be interested.

-W

May 25, 2010
I'll admit I mated well, but not quite as well as my wife did. :)

I'm logical, fast, and naturally athletic, while my wife is tall, strong, and good-looking. The kiddo is still young, but seems to have inherited our best traits. I have no idea what she'll be doing in 10 years, but I'm willing to bet she'll be a success in whatever she chooses so long as she continues to work hard. Good genetics can only get you so far.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
I read this article too. Interesting that the geneticists think it's a lot of hogwash, at least at this point. Like the gene for explosive speed. They say 80% of the population has it, but I know for a fact 80% of the population doesn't have explosive speed. At least not on any team I ever coached!

But this is a start. Perhaps someday they'll have tests that mean something. Then the state will test every baby born and take the ones with the greatest potential. Which is pretty much what they did in the Soviet Union. :)

Dec 28, 2008
They say 80% of the population has it, but I know for a fact 80% of the population doesn't have explosive speed. At least not on any team I ever coached!

8 of my 9 starters have Chelsea Bramlett speed? At least in my dreams. Not sure those scientists have actually seen explosive speed. Maybe those with the gene all play chess or something and we just never see them run.

Then the state will test every baby born and take the ones with the greatest potential. :)

Great then I'll be paying more taxes to help them train.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd