27-1 in 5 innings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
So, 4a school here was scheduled to play a weak opponent. The winning coach pitched my freshman student, from JV and had everyone bat opposite handed. It was still a slaughter. You have to give the weak team credit for trying.

So, 4a school here was scheduled to play a weak opponent. The winning coach pitched my freshman student, from JV and had everyone bat opposite handed. It was still a slaughter. You have to give the weak team credit for trying.

Our head coach would have played his starting 9 and beat them by 70 lol. If your not in his starting 9 you will not get into any game.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My DD's HS JV team beat their cross-town rival 30-2 this week. Since they usually are the ones getting slaughtered, they didn't let up for the 4 innings the game lasted. My DD went 4-for-5 with 8 RBI, and pitched 2 scoreless innings. As a fan of the sport, it was painful to watch. As a fan of the team, it was good to see all the girls have some success at the plate.

Jun 22, 2008

Being as you are in AZ, the losing coach had the option of ending the game at 4 1/2 innings at 15 runs behind.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
^ right. I probably misspoke. The mom that was there said that the losers were not good sports, even though the opponents took it easy on them. Geez.

Jan 3, 2014
Our girls beat a team 25-0 this weekend. We were the visitors and they took us down 1-2-3 in the first inning and were pumped up, cheering and handing out high-fives. Then our #3 pitcher took something like 12 pitches for three strikeouts. We then scored 25 runs, I think all in the top of the second. After the first 10 or so, we stopped stealing. After something like 15 we started running station to station on each hit. Finally, they managed a to collect three force outs on the odd ground ball. It wasn't fun to watch, and having been on the receiving end of this type of loss in the past, I felt bad for the girls on the other team. Their parents handled it with class mostly just keeping quiet. The tournament had teams with wildly different abilities, but we just needed something before the Summer to tune up and give the girls some time to bond. Kids on the other team were crying in the parking lot after the game. It sucked, to be honest. We got rained out today before we had to play them again. I'm glad the weather took care of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kstitz44