1st Tournament this weekend!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
DD has been cleared to play this weekend and it will be her first 18U A tournament! I'm excited and scared:) She's been working hard in practice and rehab but going from 14u to 18u in one year makes me nervous. She has decided to go with the team she was going to be a "guest" on full time. We are hoping they don't have to play her old organizations Gold team (they're darn good).
My wife called me the other day and said she's never had more fun with the parents, and it feels weird going home feeling great after last year's experience. Last week we had three, 3 hour practices and DD said she was feeling great and LOVES the girls. I think this team works well because all of the girls travel an hour plus to go to practice, so there's no local politics going on. Maybe we're in the honeymoon period still, but it finally feels good. Her old coach gave her his blessings and said he'd send his girl if he could! We really liked him but the team is having problems filling the roster so they aren't doing much this summer. We don't have very high expectations this weekend, but hope she has fun and learns a lot. Coach said she'd get a good amount of playing time, so I hope the ankle holds up. Thanks for listening!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl