12u/14u coaches rate

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 3, 2014
What are the going rates for a former collegiate player coaching position for 12u/14u Fall & Spring season in Northeast area???

moe

Aug 14, 2013
Ours are under contract for govt based per diem, mileage and lodging. Time is voluntary. Virginia

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
If you provide any compensation they must be treated as employees with regard to taxes, workers comp, etc. You must also comply with any state and local laws.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Be sure to base your pay on their effectiveness too. By that I mean that they must be able to relate to these age groups in order to coach and teach them.

The young ex-college grad head coach model is exploding around here, but I have noticed that there are only a few who can relate to the younger age groups. The majority of the ex-college grad head coach attempts around here either 1) try to run a young team like an extreme drill Sargent in an 18 Gold or college team setting or 2) they want to be a friend to all the players and act like just one of the girls. Neither disposition works well.

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
I really like my fresh out of college coaches. I am very lucky to have them, and pay them a reasonable wage for their time. I pay an hourly rate for practices, and a flat fee for tournament days. At that age, you should have backups, if practical. They will be looking to do other things, like find a boyfriend, go to graduate school, parties, etc.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kstitz44