What is the typical costs of tournament team??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Yeah I understand that arguement gif. The other side of it (and yes we could always leave for another club) is at this years age group, we have maybe 10 that don't play tb and 50-60 that do. As I have said before on here with rec games being mostly weeknights (some until 10:00 or so) during the spring, plus usually a rec practice, a couple tb practices, and tb tourneys on the weekend, we had (I coached dd's rec too, no more) 2 days off from softball total from mid april until june.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
All the girls have to play rec

Redhotcoach, "have" to play? Im sure the explanation is simple, and I'm just not seeing it. Are you saying the TB teams around there voluntarily/involuntary want you to play in a certain league to qualify to play in their TB org?

Like here when DD was 6-10. She played rec during the week, and then played travel ball 8-10u on the weekends. The rec had nothing to do with any TB teams, the only connection was the players. They were two totally different entities.

I'm just curious how things are done elsewhere.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Like what your dd did, except it is the same entity. We have about 15 tb teams, manage a complex, and run a rec league. The thought is (and it is happening else where) the rec league would fall apart if we didn't make the tb players play in rec. The rec helps pay the costs of tb, and the tb keeps the rec alive for those that don't want to play tb.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Oh ok, sorry for 20 questions. So the rec in a sense, is a direct feeder to the TB teams. But they work as one unit to ensure kids of all levels have an opportunity to play the game.

We have a BB league in Memphis that uses that concept. To add, this BB org who uses this concept is one of the top 10 in the country in elite BB travel ball, so I can surely see its benefits.

I think I got it now. :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors