Uniform/equipment companies to flock to or run from?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 12, 2011
Vienna, VA
We ordered Underarmour Relay Sleeveless jersey from teamexpress.com

They got the order right and the quality of the jersey was good enough to get through a season.

We went to a local place for t-shirts and hoodies.

Aug 8, 2010
TheGluv makes really nice stuff. The jerseys are not cheap but very nice quality. Pants can't be beat.

Sep 3, 2009
Boombah makes good stuff, but there's no warrenty on their clothes, so if they rip or fall apart early, you're SOL. I usually get things like sweatshirts, bags, and warmups from them, but not uniforms.

-W

My DD's 12U team got new Boombah bags in the spring. Almost every one of the bags is torn along the top seam, in the same location. Boombah's response.....sorry, only warranteed for 30 days. Don't think our team or any of the individual parents will ever buy a Boombah product again. If it was two or three bags, okay. But 10 out of 12 (may be 11..not sure) after only five tournaments indicates a problem with the product. Not doing "anything" about it is terrible customer service.

Had great experience with Rip-It when we were looking at helmets. They were the only company that was willing to ship us samples for the girls to try on for size and feel.

Jun 20, 2012
Thank you all for the good comments and suggestions. A little concerning about Boombah. May have to give them another look. Rip-It seems to be the helmets we'll go with. Epicsports.com looks to be a good option for pricing on equipment, but reviews on the company seem to be mixed - more on the uniform side of things, I think.

Jul 3, 2012
I always suggest finding a local embroiding/printing shop and getting your uniforms done there. It makes it much easier if you need any changes.

Boombah makes good stuff, but there's no warrenty on their clothes, so if they rip or fall apart early, you're SOL. I usually get things like sweatshirts, bags, and warmups from them, but not uniforms.

-W

True that very few companies will back products.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
The MaxBall bag is terrific. DD catches and her bag is full to the brim. Made one year with no tears or zipper issues. Wheels still in great shape.

Racerback shirts must be accompanied by the correct sports bra. We point and laugh at the girls with the straps showing outside and yell "Trailerpark" No just kidding but they do look rather tacky.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
We ordered a bunch of stuff from Epic Sports this year (first time) and they were great. Quick shipping, everything came as ordered. I'd recommend them.

Uniforms Express is where we order our shirts (sleeveless button-down) and pants from, all tackle twill and really nice stuff. They take a while since everything is custom, but the quality of the product is worth the wait.

Jan 24, 2009
In my opinion, the best jersey is a sleeveless two button or no button top. If you have buttons all the way down, they will gap across the bust. Racerbacks show bra straps, can lead to painful sunburns and the underarmour shirts don't layer under them very well. A sleeved shirt is ok, but the girls are always stuck with sleeves.

^^^^^Truth!
Teamwork makes a sleeveless 'faux' full button that is the real deal. The top two buttons are real/functional and those below are sewn on, so it is a pullover that looks like a full button vest but no gaps to worry about.

We have used everything from t shirts to high end custom with full tackle twill. Love the sleeveless full buttons or faux versions. I have learned to avoid tackle twill on the FRONT of a jersey. Girls find it uncomfortable. I also am not a big fan of screen-printing or iron on..looks ratty too prematurely. Our solution this past year was the jersey described above. We ordered thru epicsports with twill numbers on the back only, then had the local embroiderer put our logo on the left chest. (about the size we use on hats). The girls and parents were crazy about these and for the budget price they looked like a million bucks.

I highly recommend epicsports and have used them for many items. We ALWAYS call and order one blank jersey in every size so that players can try them on before we order with twill. Yes, you want to start early, but if you explain to the rep that you will be returning the first order and then placing a team order with customization,they won't charge you a restocking fee. This way, you only pay return shipping but have peace of mind that everyone's jersey will fit just right. They were awesome to work with IMO. Epic has the faux version and also the true full button(both Teamwork brand), both of which I like and will stick with in the future.

Sorry so long, there's 2 cents for ya.
Good luck!
VW

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Yes, to Max Ball Bags. Mine is going strong after 4 years. It is faded, is all. I fly with it and it is in and out of the truck every day - and is washed at the car wash.

I need to contact the company and do a commercial. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1