U.S.A./USSSA age chart changes

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 1, 2021
I have the exact same issue with a late November birthday. She gets to play AAU basketball with her grade level, but not softball. We have a bunch of January and February birthdays on our team. Those girls are basically a year older than her.
So you would rather her be basically a year older than the other girls.

Feb 3, 2023
I think ironically that is the only reason why people are against moving the date. They do not want to give up their age advantage.

My daughter has a super late December birthday so we choose to play USA sanctioned/age rule following tournaments of which there are many to choose from.

We don’t play USSSA or PGF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2023
I don't get it either. No matter what the cut-off date is, the oldest girl will be 364 days older than the youngest girl.

You’ve read the responses about the late birthday kids not being able to play with their school friends and getting screwed when school ball starts - they are too old for club and to low of a grade to play in school and you still don’t get it?

Why are three months of kids separated from their friend for what seems like it was probably an ease of paperwork decision.

It’s a lot more than a who is oldest - it’s about making the sport fun for kids. More girls playing softball is good. There was data on another thread that participation is way lower in college for kids from these three months (and the oldest kids did not have an advantage- all 9 months not impacted by this participated relative to enrollment).

Oct 14, 2019
You’ve read the responses about the late birthday kids not being able to play with their school friends and getting screwed when school ball starts - they are too old for club and to low of a grade to play in school and you still don’t get it?

Why are three months of kids separated from their friend for what seems like it was probably an ease of paperwork decision.

It’s a lot more than a who is oldest - it’s about making the sport fun for kids. More girls playing softball is good. There was data on another thread that participation is way lower in college for kids from these three months (and the oldest kids did not have an advantage- all 9 months not impacted by this participated relative to enrollment).
Girls with September, October, November and December birthdays have the advantage once school ball starts.

Jun 29, 2023
I hate the Usssa tournaments around us. The 3 inning games are a joke. But... traditionally hasn't birth year been the norm? Usa just recently went to it to school year?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA